Lead Acid JumpStart + Laptop Battery

john61ct said:
methods said:
there is no such thing as "Genuine" coming out of China

Apple Tesla hundreds of others manage to do so.

Yes, I realize these are the "exceptions that prove The Rule"

Those are not what we are talking about.
Those are American companies exploiting labor in China.
That is Extreme high volume stuff and guys like me make extreme Test systems to assure and bin quality.

The Guarantee... is what my Tester Says
and
The fact that the Quality Engineers are extremely strict about use of the Testers.

I am talking about the 99% of other stuff that goes on at far lower volume.
Call it anything without a Tester
... So anything without QR codes

-methods

Tesla?
100% Testing on every PCB board and component

Apple?
100% Testing on every PCB board and component

... Er
Apple may actually spot-check once a process is solid. . . but I can say with Tesla, that for the important stuff... Every single Model S on the road went past my tester. You can look it up in the logs :)

When Production is going on, SN and PN get logged at every step of the way. At every test station. In the time domain, in lots. It would be extremely non-productive to try and cheat this control mechanism. We can see all sorts of lot-data and every single test is like a fingerprint*

-methods

Leakage Currents from part lots and cleaning process
Cumulative resistance tolerances

... Not a strong fingerprint, but one that you would not want to try and cheat. It would show up in the Tact time of the operators for the most part...

This is why (in early process) the first % and last % get binned out. That is the junk that you can buy on Amazon. The good stuff goes into builds. As a process matures, more and more of the lot goes to the Production Build.

... So
To the Point...

Unless it says Tesla or Apple or Toyota... (and even if it does) ... I have sever doubts about any "Genuine" product coming out of China in low volume.

... This unit came out of China :bigthumb:

Which...
Makes me wonder about all the stamps and certz.
I am going on the assumption that Costco vetted the suppliers and that the tests were actually performed*

-methods

NOTE
I am severely biased away from selling off our manufacturing base to another country that is semi-hostile toward us.

That is a stupid move

We will become dependent
Should it ever come to war, we will be F U C K E D real bad.

... Build in the US (or your own country)

(Off to go get the Factory Videos of Apple and others in China. Apple is NOT a friend of the revolution)

-methods

[youtube]ZTo-CKSP7WE[/youtube]

If you support this sort of shit. . . then we are not friends.

-methods

I dont have a stash of good videos.
Most of my information came from guys who were doing business overseas - first hand

... Vice no doubt has a good video
I will go search them

https://www.vice.com/en/topic/factories

Note that Vice is now toned down***

-methods

Off to go read this, and educate myself.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/vvv7x8/meet-the-20-somethings-who-made-your-computer

This is a VERY trusted source
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/454/mr-daisey-and-the-apple-factory

hearing this for the first time now...

-methods

Jenkem1.png

In formal Logic and Reason the above statement does not invalidate the story. It simply states. . . that the particular story (or story teller) was discredited in some way.

This is very serious business - worth Trillions of dollars. . .

So
We will dig deeper, for non conspiratorial sources.

-methods

Now...
This is just the stuff you can find on the first page of a Google hosted search (Mainstream)

Google produces in China*

[youtube]kM58QeNd6E[/youtube]

If anyone wants to shoot me a link to the hardcore stuff, I will host the video on my servers.

-methods

More mainstream
Mainstream is about softening the edges... this is ALLOWED

[youtube]Jk-xqPKOxl4[/youtube]

What you want to see, is hidden video*

-methods

There was a good movie a decade ago about a young black girl who was attacked. In the final blow, the lawyers say... something to the tune of... "now picture her white".

... So
When you see the conditions that these Chinese workers are in...

... climbing over each other for a chance to work for ABSOLUTE SHIT WAGES...

Jenkem2.png

I want you to picture your Mom and Sister waiting in that line.

I want you to picture your little brother and dad waiting to get bent over. . .

Its not right man.

... Now
I am going to go eat Japanese Pancakes, and hopefully someone will hand off to me some graphic video behind the scenes. I will post it, we can then see about China

... But
Conditions and Quality are different things. You can of course get good quality out of horrific conditions... but it should be Robotic Assembly... and that is what the whole argument about robotizing the workforce is centered on.

Working Conditions

-methods

Note:
So far I have grossly generalized, come to false conclusions, contradicted myself

All recognized

Now... To go find the Proof to the real argument :eek:

I dont want to have to support this stuff, but:
* My Phone
* My Laptop
* This Jumpstarter...

Nearly all my stuff comes from China...

So
Maybe instead of attacking the Quality (which can be VERY high) I should attack the roots of the operations.

Some people becoming very wealthy at the cost of millions of other people.

The only way that can be "ok" is if it is a "means to an end"
I only see 2 positive ends
One is Robotizing
One is ... ok... only 1

-methods

[youtube]OgIQz68Lo8Q[/youtube]

-methods

Note
When sifting the Internet I use minimum 1.5X speed and usually 2X speed for watching videos*

-methods

methods said:
I am severely biased away from selling off our manufacturing base to another country that is semi-hostile toward us.

That is a stupid move

We will become dependent

What is the basis for your use of "we" and "our" there?

Those who have the real power in the world long ago freed themselves from the increasingly irrelevant soon to be obsolete concept of national boundaries.

The MNCs may have their stock traded on US exchanges, but they have not been truly "American" for many many decades.

The truly wealthy can just buy their citizenship if needed, and war pestilence and famine among the common people

will only increase their wealth faster.

Now we are getting closer. . .

[youtube]dEkliuqQo-g[/youtube]

Labor Camps. . . very common thing all thru history.

We are looking for
* Dark Video
* Shaky Video
* No voice overlay
* Vague Title
* Few Views

The videos go up, and get taken down
The videos go up, and lawyers get involved
A lot of people make a lot of money exploiting humans all over the world

Mexico?
Just as bad

. . .

-methods

"We" you can think of as Local
Why would we need to go to the other side of the globe to do something?

"Our" you can think of as any Locality
Why would you not want our Mothers and Brothers doing this work?

. . . National Boundaries are a whole different subject, but they play into the imbalances.

Why. . . is a days work worth more here vs there?
Do you think it is because they are in a more abundant place and so things are cheaper so they need to make less?

-methods

john61ct said:
methods said:

That is a stupid move

We will become dependent

What is the basis for your use of "we" and "our" there?

Those who have the real power in the world long ago freed themselves from the increasingly irrelevant soon to be obsolete concept of national boundaries.

The MNCs may have their stock traded on US exchanges, but they have not been truly "American" for many many decades.

The truly wealthy can just buy their citizenship if needed, and war pestilence and famine among the common people

will only increase their wealth faster.

So..
What if I were Chinese

What if I were sending all my shit work over to the US to get done for pennies on the dollar.

We and our
... We are profiting from this inhumane imballance
... It is our responsibility to at least recognize it for what it is.

There are no fewer than 8 perspectives to chew thru it. One is the perspective of warring factions. Another may be the bleeding heart. Another may be the Union Guy. Another might be the true capitalist.

List them all
Assign a GREEN or a RED (Pass or Fail, YES or NO) next to each of the 8+ perspectives

Then move forward...
Where the We or the Our, could be anyone, anywhere - and we just look at the incentives of those who think it is Good to buy shit for cheap from Them.

Of course in the Global Utopia, WE == THEM, so all of it is OURS

But - that is not the case
Not now and not for a very long time

In reality -
We still have different countries
We still need core competence
We still need to not enslave others

... So what I see is a Bell Curve

We have to protect our core competency (Plan for the Worst) while we look out for others (Hope for the best)...

Put inversely

We may choose to GUT our core competency and Enslave others.
That is what we are doing...
Weakening "us" and giving good reason to "them" to be pissed and want to kick our ass and turn the tables around.

Eh
What about the "Fair Shake" argument?

I always present a business deal in a manner that I would turn the tables around on. I Never try to bone my opponent, I always go for WIN WIN. What companies like Apple are doing. . . is boning.

WIN WIN
WIN LOSE
LOSE WIN
LOSE LOSE

Chinese people want to WIN WIN
Americans want to WIN LOSE
In the short term, America wins and China loses
In the long term, China wins and America loses

Just like any Prisoners Dilemma, it has to be played out at least twice.
* Now or Short Term
* Long Term

Or more specifically, it must be understood that it is a REPEAT game and not a ONE TIME game!!!!!

So while we win a petty little fight over garbage. . . China is moving far ahead of us in every possible way... very foolish...

Who here can build a cell phone from scratch? (dont answer)
(do answer) "How much does it cost?"

now... "WHY?"

-methods

The journey "we" made from 90% of the population being subsistence farmers to where food production being a tiny percentage of economic activity

not all aspects of which are "good" from a moral or ecological POV

took us many hundreds of years

and "we" seem to have peaked as far as that process lifting up the common people.

The later developing nations have tried to do it in mere decades.

No one should be guaranteed a more comfortable, secure and healthy life just because of what location they were born in.

However, our planet is not one where "what should be" tends to match reality too often, just as true here as there.

One trend I'm pretty sure if, is things getting more and more equal for the common people between nations.

Those accustomed to privilege will perceive equality as oppression.

I am not going to make the argument here, but in a few minutes the Union guys will pipe up... then the calm voice of governance... then some Vets...

and in the end...

The only option we have is to Robotize the Workforce

IF

We want what we are currently enjoying to be Sustainable without having to sell your kids into slave labor, or breed other peoples kids for slave labor.

... Ain't nobody going to pay Union Wages for something they can get a Slave Labor prices.

Unless they can afford it... and last I checked we are $30T in debt (so enjoy those stimulating checks) and we just tanked our economy.

... :shock:

-methods

One thing I think we can agree on is that things are accelerating.

. . .

-methods

john61ct said:
The journey "we" made from 90% of the population being subsistence farmers to where food production being a tiny percentage of economic activity

not all aspects of which are "good" from a moral or ecological POV

took us many hundreds of years

and "we" seem to have peaked as far as that process lifting up the common people.

The later developing nations have tried to do it in mere decades.

No one should be guaranteed a more comfortable, secure and healthy life just because of what location they were born in.

However, our planet is not one where "what should be" tends to match reality too often, just as true here as there.

One trend I'm pretty sure if, is things getting more and more equal for the common people between nations.

Those accustomed to privilege will perceive equality as oppression.

Where the hell did my day go?

... I have not even started drinking whisky yet and it is after 11AM

I am outahere
Please let me know if anyone finds some horrific video of Mexico, China, or other American Companies doing manufacturing over boarders.

... We then keep the price level to consumers, check the profits, and take it out of the ass of those taking the lions share.

Elon - Dont let that be you brother
Fair and equitable
Not awesome, but be fair... try to build it in the US... or anywhere that you would want your kids to work.

(or just do it with Robots like you have been working toward)

-methods

Back