Lipos

Hi guys ,just wondering if some one could help me out here a little i have 4x 6s 8000mah lipos to make a 44.4v pack and i want to add 2s 8000mah pack just for a bit extra power i'm limited on room in my bike power box and my controller can only handle 60v max . Just need a hand on wire them up .

Charger is a Hyperion 1420 charger so i can charge 14s lipos so at the moment i am charging 12s so do i add another 2x 2s 8000mah ! or just the one ?
Do i need a 7s balancing connectors and i notice on the 2s 8000mah that there are 3 wires !
At the moment i can leave the battery in the bike when charging with little fuss i just want to do the same just with 14s lipo pack .
I've added a few pics what i have now .

Attachments

• 29pdba8.jpg
    29pdba8.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 937
  • Z80006S-30.jpg
    Z80006S-30.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 937
  • Z80002S-30.jpg
    Z80002S-30.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 937
  • New bike.jpg
    New bike.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 937
On the 2s pack, you will have one negative, and two positive leads. The 6s pack will have one negative and 6 positives.

Once you get it, it will make perfect sense to you how to combine the balance leads into two 7s plugs if that is what the hyperion requires. Think about it, when you series connect two cells, one of the cells negative is also the adjacent cells positive. So as you add the 2s pack, put it in between the two 6s packs. One cell will be added to each 6s packs balance plug. You will have to cut the 2s pack in half as well, because you will need to have 1s packs, in order to add one cell to each of the 6s packs. On that pcb in the 2s pack, you will have one trace that connects the two packs. That will need to be severed, and red and black discharge wires addded to those now seperated terminals. Up to you, if you wish to actually peel the cells apart. I would, but very slow and carefull, using some hot air from a hair dryer, and a plastic spatula.

5s + 2s would be easier, since you wouldn't need to dissect a 2s pack to do it.

Thanks for the info dogman , might take your advice and get some 5s and 2s batteries but i will sell the ones i have now .

dogman said:
On the 2s pack, you will have one negative, and two positive leads. The 6s pack will have one negative and 6 positives.

Once you get it, it will make perfect sense to you how to combine the balance leads into two 7s plugs if that is what the hyperion requires. Think about it, when you series connect two cells, one of the cells negative is also the adjacent cells positive. So as you add the 2s pack, put it in between the two 6s packs. One cell will be added to each 6s packs balance plug. You will have to cut the 2s pack in half as well, because you will need to have 1s packs, in order to add one cell to each of the 6s packs. On that pcb in the 2s pack, you will have one trace that connects the two packs. That will need to be severed, and red and black discharge wires addded to those now seperated terminals. Up to you, if you wish to actually peel the cells apart. I would, but very slow and carefull, using some hot air from a hair dryer, and a plastic spatula.

5s + 2s would be easier, since you wouldn't need to dissect a 2s pack to do it.

Up for sale are 4xzippy 6s 8000mah lipos , charge them around 30 times every time balance charged too i'll included the balance leads and wire harness so it's ready to go .I will do a good price too.

Attachments

• 44.4 16amp battery.jpg
    44.4 16amp battery.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 857
Guess no one else will ask the question..... Where did you get that frame bag?! Or did you make it with your own bear hands?

Before you buy more, look at other combinations that add up to seven. like 3s + 4s. Mabye cheaper to go with that than 5s+2s. Or one might simply be in stock, but not the other.

For bikes, 7s packs would be nice. you could go 14s a true 48v, or 21s a perky 72v , and my lawnmower and weedwhacker would run ideal on 7s 24v. With 6s packs, you get a 44v, then a weak 72, and the lawnmower runs on 6s, but sort of sluggishly.

Been considering going to 7s packs myself next time I invest in a lot of lipo. Just tape together 3s and 4s, connect in series, then splice on new 7s plugs.

Back