Lithium Iron Manganese Phosphate Cells

markfoy

1 µW
Hi all, this is my first post,

I've been doing some research into what chemistry should replace my pba when it finally dies. LiFePO4 seems to be the ideal replacement. Then, I came across another seeming variant of LiFePO4 which is Lithium Iron Manganese Phosphate Cells. It claims more energy density and said to be much safer.

Question is has anybody had any experience (Good or not so good) with this cells? I'm looking at this GBS-LFMP100AH http://elitepowersolutions.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=27_37&products_id=131 .

Had a 24s 60Ah pack in a motorcycle. I loved them and they never gave me any issues. They are a little bit smaller and lighter than comparable Thundersky and CALB cells. I think the Mn really helps raise the nominal voltage a little and keeps the cells stable. I would definitely buy again.

I'm looking at the same batteries for my Honda project - sixteen of the 200AH packs. I've been talkingto Rebirth Auto in FL; also for the Solitan controller and probably a Warp9

I'm having trouble finding any customer feedback about these batteries - it's a ton of money to spend in the wrong place!

Anyone else got anything to add?

No experience with cells that large, but the smaller Li-Mn cells like Emoli have an excellent track record. These are used in Milwaukee power tool packs and BionX bike packs, amongst others. Zero Motorcycles use a version of these.

I'm using (and have been since April 2011) the 20ah GBS cells. Been over 2000 daily commuter miles and zero problems. The cells (all 16, it's a 48 volt system) have stayed very balanced in that time...
~ CrazyJerry

Interesting prices for the 20ah, $124 for a 4s pack in a nice enclosure. Compare those when making a 36 volt pack with 5ah 5s Turnigy packs, 3 x $124 = $372 versus 8 x ~$40 = $320. A lot easier wiring! Only 40 amp continuous it says on their specs. 10c burst though and 3c charge! Of course most don't really need a 20ah pack.

Back