Low torque with a strange noise on start.

My setup is hub motor QS 205 2000W 72v, Votol em100 and 20S21P li ion.
The bike have a very low torque and strange noise on start. There is a stuttering acceleration if I give throttle from stand still. When the bike is running, everything is smooth. I've tried to ask in votol em100 thread, but there is no reply.
Anybody have idea or suggestions?
Any help is appreciated.

chronosgarage said:
My setup is hub motor QS 205 2000W 72v, Votol em100 and 20S21P li ion.
The bike have a very low torque and strange noise on start. There is a stuttering acceleration if I give throttle from stand still. When the bike is running, everything is smooth. I've tried to ask in votol em100 thread, but there is no reply.
Anybody have idea or suggestions?
Any help is appreciated.
I'm quite sure there is a problem with the hallsensors or their wiring. Maybe the colors are wrong connected or need to be connected different than you'd think. But it would be strange if qs wouldn't use matching colors to their own products. Maybe check if a cable broke or if a connection is loose. I also saw tutorials somewhere of how to find out which hall wires need to be connected by trying different combinations.

Best regards
Sparfuchs

Hi,
I had a similar problem on 2 different occasions! The first time a throttle wire was partially cut through. The second time a connector was not completely seated.

Best of luck,
Frank

Thank you for all of your reply.

It turned out that the problem was the order of the phase wire connection, pole pair number and hall angle setting. The bike runs smoothly now.

Back