LTOPOW Battery

Jonasan-san

10 mW
Can anyone vouch for this company? I'm looking at their high-discharge pouches for a battery build. I've seen a video showing a cyber bike battery using pouch cells that look like they come individually compressed in their own little housing. Is that something you can buy for pouch cells? Also is there a good DIY guide for putting together a pouch battery? This will be the first battery I've done. If anyone knows a better brand to go for that does lifepo4 pouch cells I'd love to hear it and take a look.

Can you link to the specific cells you're talking about on there?

Maybe I'm missing them, but other than the typical prismatics (that still require compression just like pouches)
1699067605476.png
I can't find any images but the ones below, that all look like bare cells or shrinkwrapped packs, etc:

1699067463771.png1699067488948.png1699067499877.png
1699067517531.png1699067531002.png

I see packs that have the compression plates and straps made from the prismatics, though:
1699067708895.png 1699067741625.png

Can you link to the specific cells you're talking about on there?

Maybe I'm missing them, but other than the typical prismatics (that still require compression just like pouches)
View attachment 342471
I can't find any images but the ones below, that all look like bare cells or shrinkwrapped packs, etc:

View attachment 342466View attachment 342467View attachment 342468
View attachment 342469View attachment 342470

I see packs that have the compression plates and straps made from the prismatics, though:
View attachment 342472 View attachment 342473
I'm assuming you're asking me about the cells I saw in the video? They are li-po cells I think, but I want the housings for easier building.

Yes; given the little data in the first post, the presumption was that since you didn't previously link to the video, that the cell company you linked was the source of the video and the cells you were discussing. ;)

If not, you would need to ask the maker of the video where they got those cells and/or housings, if they didn't include that information in the video or somewhere else on the page the video is located. (I haven't watched the video as I don't generally have time to wait for someone to tell me things in a video, vs me simply scanning a page or searching a site for specific info, etc which usually takes a few seconds instead of who-knows-how-long (if they even ever get around to it :lol: ).

(and then in that case, the housings/etc have (presumably) nothing to do with the company you're asking the question about, which is confusing....)

I didn't cover any of the other points in the first post yet because the answers depend on the cells / housings / etc. that you want to use, among other things. ;)

BTW, if the cells each have their own compression housings, the pack is going to be a LOT larger than it would if the compression was done for the pack as a whole. Up to at least several times larger, depending on the kind of compression the specific cells used require, and the size of the compression housings required for that.

Back