lvc difference for lipo vs lifepo

torker

100 kW
I have been searching for an hour to find the difference in lvc between lipo and lifepo as it relates to chargers. The reason I ask is the charger I picked up has an auto discharge feature and I was considering using the life setting to keep the hvc a little lower for battery life and because I will be using 15s on a controller with 63 v caps. I am worried though that the life setting will discharge too low.

Could someone please post a link showing this info. I may need a better charger so that I can set both to keep between 3.5 and 4.1 but can't afford it yet. Thanks

I downloaded a manual for an I-Charger and it shows Standard battery voltages.

lipo 3v to 4.2 - lilo 2.5 to 4.1 - life 2v to 3.6

Looks like lilo is perfect for the hvc but way to low for the lvc :x

Seems I better stick to the lipo setting.?

Torker, if you have an icharger, you can set the max voltage for lipo to 4.10, 4.15v, or whatever you like.

LVC on the charger is not important unless you are doing charge-discharge cycles to determine the AH of the battery.

No I-Charger yet. Plus the cheapie I bought only has lipo and life settings, not lilo. If it had lilo at 4.1 I would use that but for now I'll just use the lipo setting and charge to 4.2.

I just wish HK would cancel the charger like I asked and ship the batteries. :x Hopefully within a couple more days they will.

have you got on the phone with them? i've had good results over the phone.

Man, Everytime I call it rings several times and then just quits ringing. I may try again. You would think they would answer the Calif. warehouse during the day but no luck yet.

I've just started using an icharger, i'm having trouble finding any definition of the difference between lilo, lipo and life in terms of battery chemistry.
For example:
lithium cobalt oxide , lithium manganese oxide, lithium iron phosphate seem to be the three main ones,
but how do these match up to lilo, lipo and life?
Previous post says
lipo 3v to 4.2 - lilo 2.5 to 4.1 - life 2v to 3.6
its pretty obvious what life is,
but lilo and lipo??
which one is cobalt and which one maganese oxide?

LiPo as in RC LiPo packs are typically LiCo (cobalt), like laptop cells and such often have been.

Dunno what LiLo is though. Seems like a typo that propagated and stuck thru the industry? Or perhaps it is literally just a Low limit setting for LiPo?

1)Icharger 3010b let you adjust to any discharge limit you want, you can set it, 1010 probably to (have no 1010).
2)lithium cobalt oxide , lithium manganese oxide is same charge/discharge settings (LiPo)
3)LiFePo is Lithium ferum (iron) phosphate
4) Lilo is actually LiIo (Lithium Ion :D ) and top V is 4.1V discharge 3.0V

Lilo is still somewhat confusing to me, as lithium ion as far as I know doesn't refer to a specific battery type,
cobalt/manganse/iron phosphate are all specific chemistries, which could all be referred to as lithium ion,
parabellum do you know the specific chemistry lilo is referring to? "ion" type is just a generic name for lithium batteries as far as I know

I have no idea what lilo is, but it's listed on a lot of RC chargers.

My guess: it's 4.10v charging to extend the life of these types of cells. For many non-lifepo4 batteries, it's advisable to charge to a bit lower voltage if possible. Also some chemistry types actually are rated to be charged at 4.10-4.15v/cell and no higher. I do believe some li-mn stuff falls into this category.

RC Lipo of course, is specced to be charged up to 4.2v/cell.

whatever said:
Lilo is still somewhat confusing to me, as lithium ion as far as I know doesn't refer to a specific battery type,
LiIo as well as LiPo are very general terms. Early type Lithium batteries, used in phones and other devises often was inscripted not to be charged over 4.1V, ultimately I only see 4.2V max charge. I think by LiIo we gust refer early type (let say) LiPo. Who have been long on this forum surely have noticed random comments of core members that actually LiPo chemistry have changed and nominal voltage is actually not more 3.7V but 3.8V.
neptronix said:
Also some chemistry types actually are rated to be charged at 4.10-4.15v/cell and no higher. I do believe some li-mn stuff falls into this category.
There can be differences in LiMn, but cells I have (konions) self ballance in about 4.15-4.17V, so if you want have then full and in ballance then charge over 4.17V :D

Back