Lyen 12 Fet 48V controller - How to Retrofit Crystalyte?

Hello All,

I recently blew my controller and am wanting to replace the MOSFETs. I need to know the specifications on the MOSFETs so I buy the correct ones.
Does anyone know what the specs for the older, first generation Crystalyte CT4840 controller are? Also, can the replacement MOSFETs be found in speciality electronics shops (ham radio outlet, etc.) or do I need to order directly from the manufacturer?

Its a 6 fet controller with barcode showing this controller as a "X-CT4840B"

thanks

That's the stock FET, the IRFB4310. Its a good FET and much better than what most controllers use.

There is a better FET, though. The IRFB4110.
The performance difference isn't much, but if you're after high performance, the lower RDs will give you a few more watts to the motor.

Local chain shops aren't going to carry either type, unless you have a specialty electronics shop in your area.

Drunkskunk said:
That's the stock FET, the IRFB4310. Its a good FET and much better than what most controllers use.

There is a better FET, though. The IRFB4110.
The performance difference isn't much, but if you're after high performance, the lower RDs will give you a few more watts to the motor.

Local chain shops aren't going to carry either type, unless you have a specialty electronics shop in your area.

Hey, awesome thanks guys. Yeah, seeing that I'm a newbie, I was just read up on this online and saw that the 4110s and the 3077s are both superior. What would be my benefit (if any) in upgrading to one of these on my stock CT4840 setup? Would it let me take better advantage of my motor/battery setup? I have a first generation phoenix 4840 stock setup paired with a 15 amp battery from electric rider. This is only a 6-fet controller, by the way.

So I replaced the 6 MOSFETS within this First Gen Phoenix/Crystalyte 4840 controller and still have the same problem with controller being broken. At this point I think its not worth messing with. I would like to replace it. Any recommendations? Maybe waterproof is the route to go and more MOSFETS than the original 6? I don't know.

So I decided to scrap the old Crystalyte CT4840 and ordered a Lyen from Edward here on the forum. Now I'm trying to convert my Crystalyte wiring over to the connector types you have included. I noticed that my crystalyte wiring has the following differences:

1. My throttle cable has four wires while the Lyen connector has three.
2. By brake cable has three wires while the Lyen connector has four.

Also, I was wondering how to hookup the cruise control cable to the controller? Is there a place for this?

Back