Lyen Programming Cable Button and TTL Voltage

mystamo

10 mW
Hey guys,

I'm doing a little messing around with the Micro on the Infinion boards. Just had a few questions.. I did a little poking around in the search but couldn't really just plainly see the answers to the questions I was looking for.

First of all does anyone know what the point of the button is on the programming cable? is it RTS?

Second of all is the Chip +5v TTL or 3.3v TTL? Would 3.3v TTL work if I supply +5v Power? I checked out the output of my USB to TTL converter to the Micro and got weird looking data signals.

Lastly the 5 pin programming cable Pinouts. Anyone got those handy? I know it starts with two REDS. then Black. 5 Pin connector

I am trying to do some reverse engineering and if that fails I'm going to try my hand at putting a different micro in place of the existing board. (I'm bored)

Thanks in advance for the help guys

Mo

Not sure WHY the button is needed, but it is... :D Probably to control the transmission signal.

The chip is 5V.

The pinout on the board is: 5V, 5V, GND, TX, RX.

mystamo said:
Hey guys,

I'm doing a little messing around with the Micro on the Infinion boards. Just had a few questions.. I did a little poking around in the search but couldn't really just plainly see the answers to the questions I was looking for.

First of all does anyone know what the point of the button is on the programming cable? is it RTS?

Second of all is the Chip +5v TTL or 3.3v TTL? Would 3.3v TTL work if I supply +5v Power? I checked out the output of my USB to TTL converter to the Micro and got weird looking data signals.

Lastly the 5 pin programming cable Pinouts. Anyone got those handy? I know it starts with two REDS. then Black. 5 Pin connector

I am trying to do some reverse engineering and if that fails I'm going to try my hand at putting a different micro in place of the existing board. (I'm bored)

Thanks in advance for the help guys

Mo

Hey thanks for the reply.

I found the pinouts to say 5v Feed 5v Gnd RX TX.. I just wonder why there is 2 5v. Is one a feed and one a return?

I found my TTL programming cable. I'm going to take it apart and see what exactly the button is doing.

I want to know exactly what it's for so I can start using simple USB to TTL chips Like FTDI

Thanks for the reply.

IIRC the controllers can only be programmed when they are first turned on, the button just supplies power to the mcu, which it's why they can't be programmed when hooked to a battery.

Farfle said:
IIRC the controllers can only be programmed when they are first turned on, the button just supplies power to the mcu, which it's why they can't be programmed when hooked to a battery.

This sounds very familiar and makes sense. The chip probably can't be operating and programmed simultaneously. The button allows you to slip the update in before startup. Much like flashing a cmos.

Back