Mac Hub Mtr with Luna battery (dramas) Help please

Ozzzz

100 W
Hi all.

I'm having some dramas with my Luna shark pack and in getting my Mac hub to fire up.
Firstly, for anyone familiar with Luna batteries, when I depress the on /off switch the indicator LEDs light.. But only while its depressed. Otherwise nothing. Whatever it is with the switch the battery reads 46.2v regardless of what's pressed. I've asked Luna but I'm a bit pressed for time ( now stranded in the Montana wilds on bike 'tour..' Lol). Im going nowhere other than on foot or peddling a 50lb bike. Luna have been some help but I'm not sure where the battery is related to issue 2 :

So I get 46v from battery and through to controller, I have the on /off and half throttle switches linked in, that's all
, but twisting the throttle only gets a blip from the wheel, an attempt to turn, that's it. Plug and play one way so I don't suspect the wiring. I assume 46v is enough, few instructions with battery or indeed motor for these specifics.

Have I given enough detail?

Please, any help appreciated.

I notice that the motor has the phase wires plus the wire bundle in the black sheath. The controller has a white plug spare for hall sensors ( in the instruction diagram) they are both from em3ev so I assumed these connections weren't necessary or do I need to find a plug to suit the hall sensor plug on the controller ? ( I suspect this is the motor issue)

Well, how did you get to this point? Was your system running before and stopped? Is it a new install you are trying to set up? Is the battery fully charged? etc. etc.

Haha, sorry, answered my own question of the ltr. So ... I assume..they are sheathed to get through the axle and I'm missing a plug they must fit into.

Any advice re battery operation on off switch appears to do nothing..

Jon NCal said:
Well, how did you get to this point? Was your system running before and stopped? Is it a new install you are trying to set up? Is the battery fully charged? etc. etc.

It's a long story which has found me doing my instal in an Rv park next to a tent.
In Montana 12000 miles from home and workshop.

I just now have the motor running, will just need to source the hall sensor plug (doubtful in town here) or hardwire it.

I found a charge plug (4.3mm) for the battery ( which I assumed had charge wires) but the internal +Ve pole is too large.
I'm not sure whether the on off switch on the battery does anything. There may/ should have been more user guide
But it was re shipped out of the original box ( another part of the story- I couldt get the battery until arriving here)

If it all comes together I'm having a go at reaching the Mexican border from here via the back roads GDMTB trail.. If anyone's interested I'll give them a link to the adventure (assuming I get started lol)

Is the hall sensor plug a square 6-pin that looks like this? (posting a pic of what you need to plug into will help avoid confusion)

Pic shown is a hall sensor cable "extender" that has been verified so far to work with Lyen and one of my Kinaye controllers

file.php

Your not going to find the hall plug anywhere nearby, so might as well hardwire it and get it going. However, the colors do not always match up. Was the MAC motor an controller both from EM3ev (Infineon) and do you know if the colors are supposed to match up or not?

thanks guys yes both from EM3ev. The controller end does look solar SM. Luckily they were colour
Matched and I was able to just join the bare plug shafts into the White female plug of the controller ( which has a plug end) there's a spare white wire but iirc from the forum somewhere that was not needed. Temp sensor perhaps.
I too doubt the local Rshack will hve that plug and hardwiring may be a better option than trying to isolate them with tape using half a plug. Postage for the right plug could take some time.

Im a bit more concerned abt the charge plug positive pole I really don't want to open the pack to change the plug, maybe I can make a sleeve to make the male end bigger for now. Luna has the charger plug end but postage could take a while. I'd suggest they supply one with batteries, unless it went missing in the shipping, save searching for those not near a lot of options.thanks.

I just bought three of the "white square plug" 6-pin extenders for testing. I can mail one to you for $5 plus shipping. Each extender is about eight inches long, plus a male and female plug. Be aware shipping can be slow and cheap, or fast and expensive.

If you figure out the wiring, you can solder the bare wire ends together, as the other poster suggested (no connectors for now). I'll be here all night and can mail tomorrow morning.

This is the charge plug adapter for a shark battery, it's a barrel adapter with - outer and + middle. I got one from radio shack type store to repair mine.

3c58d2d55da0e2d0f58ac8335688b252.jpg

The button on the front of the shark case just shows state of charge led lights, it's not a switch.

hey thanks for the generous offer S magnets and thanks Marin, I'll give radio shack another try in the morning itching to get underway. Luna do have the Plug and Gary has been helpful. Odd
Case I guess I am ( will be using solar array hence need for plug rather than charger with plug as would be most common.
But I'm also keen to keep the wiring pretty robust as no doubt it will
See some showers dust vibrations etc along the way and may need work now and then .

Thanks again, I'll update with the outcome, blown away by the scenery up this way : )

Ok charge plug sorted out. Couldn't find an end for the hall plug so will solder for now. Realised how slow a charge 150w solar 12v translates too. Luckily I'm in no rush ( once underway). I think I'll be keeping my mains charger for now ray get than put it in storage ( though heavy things they are).

Back