Magic Pie Vector - How do I program this via USB?

todmurray

1 µW
Magic Pie Vector - How do I program this via USB?
I downloaded this app from golden motors Canada. PD_282_speed.rar
The USB cable was inserted into my laptop, driver installed after 5 minutes of windows searching.
Connected USB to motor.
Started AP, and clicked connect. Nothing happened. Clicked get config. Screen setting still same as the dummy setting when I started the app.

Any one this new hub motor?
I have tried connecting via the ap with both battery on and off. Battery has full charge.

PD_282 is the wrong program for the Vector controller.

I have uploaded the driver and programming software that I used with both Windows 7 and XP to a Dropbox folder that can be accessed here.

First you’ll need to install the correct driver for the USB lead (download and run CH341SER.EXE in the above link) and download the programming software (LBMC_GUI_v3.1.2_GoldenMotor.exe in the above link).

Here is the important sequence that must be followed in order to connect successfully:
1) Connect the USB lead
2) Open the software that you downloaded previously.
3) Select the correct COM port from the dropdown option box (if you don’t know which COM port the USB lead is assigned to you will have to repeat the whole process selecting a different port each time until you find the right one).
4) Click the “Connect” icon and wait for the timeout error.
5) Then connect the battery power!!
The controller should instantly connect and the relevant parameters should automatically be uploaded and displayed.

When the alterations have been saved to the controller you need to unplug the USB lead and then switch the battery power off and then back on again for the controller to work.
If you switch the power off and on again without disconnecting the USB lead it will re-enter programming mode again.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Alan

Back