Man-in-the-middle'ing my controller

MarkL

1 mW
Hi,

I am currently coding different algorithms concerning controllers and my plan was to add a middle pcb with a processor.
It avoids me to reinvent the wheel as far as controller is involved, while adding my stuff.

I don't know the command/signal/voltage/current my board should send to the different controller connectors.

FYI -on the generic controller- on the corner of the backside, it is written K-S1.5; on the other side, 693689 (whatever it means)... The board is a 200x105mm.
Should it be of any help..

1) Display, purple, is connected to a S+ on my board. What are the different protocols used to send commands / display info on that single wire?
2) Cruise control> {blk:ground}, {white:Q}.
3) anti theft> {Red: vcc}, {orange: A3}, {gray: YB}
4) High low speed> {yellow: K1}, {red: K2}, {blk: gnd}
5) low lvl brake> {blue: SL}, {blk: gnd}
6) throttle> {blk: gnd}, {green: SD}, {orange: 4.3v}
7) high level brake> {gray: SH}
8- reverse> {orange: DC}, {blk: gnd}

The rest is pretty straightforward (power lock...)

So, since we are on ES, i am pretty sure someone will chime in with an idea.

Youll have to look around at the few protocol threads to see if your controller is a match for one of those. Otherwise, you'll have to decode it yourself (like those people did) because there are no standards and no manufacturer publishes any of that info. Some examples

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=protocol+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=protocol&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

There are quite a lot of different sections and threads of info here on ES, and it would be a good idea to look around at it whenever you have a question--almost certainly, it has already been answered, even if the answer is that there isnt' one.

If you specified exactly what it was you wanted your "middle pcb" to do, in detail, someone might be able to point you to an existing project or product that already does that.

In most cases, it is much simpler and cheaper to replace the controller with one that already does what you want, as there are so very many different kinds available.

Sometimes, there just isn't one, or it is too expensive, and you may have to create it from scratch, or hack it together from existing other things. There's a lot of projects around here that have done that.

Also, check out the CAv3's functionality

no comms going on, so no protocol, just adds sensors and emulates a throttle to help make controllers smarter, both to notch ones like Phaserunner and the dumb cheap ones

Back