Manufacturers/Dealers to Gravitate Towards

I just got a 500watt motor and a 48watt, 20ah lifepo4 battery for less than $800can from "YXM" through ebay. This is half the price of equivalent motors. Everything works ok. Shipping was good. There is no user manuals, and receipt is in chinese but i can live with that.

update: After more than a month and 700 kms. This turns out to be a very worthwhile investment. Comparatively speaking, this motor and battery is much cheaper and is dependable. I have changed the fuse from the installed glass tube fuse to an automotive mini plug-in fuse.

team hybrid in the UK are really good. good customer service and they know about the products they sell. i bought clyte X5 and V1 controller from them 2 years ago. very impressed.

i bought from ebikes direct in the UK also. they supplied a decent product but there service was not as good. they seamed too busy to solve any problems. their batteries and bikes were good though and a good price too.

Put one more up for Ampedbikes. I'm completely new to this; I was all set to buy GM directly and then found Amped. I bugged them multiple times both before and after the purchase. Always polite, helpful, honest. I installed a 20" front into my Trek recumbent. It works beautifully and I couldn't be happier, even with SLA's. Their relatively small forum has really useful FAQ's that I should have searched before bothering them, but they never got tired of my newbie questions.
I get the feeling that he has been burned once or twice, but now has a solid handle on dealing with Chinese motor makers. He's constantly improving and introducing new stuff; always humble and talking about growing slowly. As a small businessman I have to admire everything I see there.
And their torque arm kicks butt. Ask me how I know!!

http://evcomponents.com
Even though they know I'm not buying anything right now, nor for probably quite a long time due to economic problems, they still answer my questions about their products very helpfully. Certainly far better than other companies I have tried to ask questions of when I did have money and intended to buy if only they had ever answered my questions.

ebikes.ca has always been an excellent company to deal with for me, Ping was very helpful answering technical questions over 2 months before i actually bought the battery. Karl from ZZipper.com is an excellent guy and took the time to talk at length about the ebike application for his fairings.

Moos

I think we should give a large ammount of credit to Kelly Controls, LLC. Although i have not odered from then YET i sure plan do from their great and pretty fast customer service (considering they are in china). They should be given a thumbs up :D
Anyone had any experience with ordering from them?

i haul alotta lb's up 15% grades with my e-bike kit(9cont.) LIFEPO NO PRO NO SWEAT. TRUE NOT PIKES' BUT IT'S GETS MY FAT AL HOME.

This may or may not be of significance, but Cammy_CC, whom I believe to be honest, does not appear to want me to leave feedback for two Li-Po batteries I bought from him. I can leave feedback for the Hub, but not the batteries. Dont understand it.

I know they aren't a proper "ebike parts distributor" but i found AstroFlight were very patient and helpful when buying my 8150 motor and servo tester.
Top marks to Bob and Michele.

Paul :D

Hi Everyone, I have been "breaking in" my new schwinn conversion over the past couple weeks. I went with E-BikeKit after about 10 monthes of research. Many of you on this forum helped me decide. It went together like tinkertoys and has performed as good as described. Jason was very helpful and knowlegable and I would highly recommend his kit to anyone.

I want to just say +1 for Amped Bikes http://ampedbikes.com/store.html I have purchased 2 kits from them now, the first in Aug./Sept. 2009, and haven't had anything but good things to say about their products.

Danny Ray is very accessible, I was able to both email and talk on the phone with him with technical questions about his kits, and he was also very open about discounts available for those with disability and other such circumstances.

IMHO, there isn't a better kit available for the money anywhere else, especially for the geared hub motor kits.

+1 for keywin (ecrazyman)

he knows his controllers very well - is happy to do little tweaks like modding the lvc for you, will also tell you how to do little mods yourself if like if you want to run a higher voltage etc.

Ebikes.ca -----I know this place has a great rep alread , but wanted to add my wholehearted GO TEAM J !!!!!!

Justin sent me a whole new motor at the drop of a hat, when I broke a disc brake boss after a few (crazy ) rides........................................................... See http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14182

Whole thing with torque arms, freeewheel tool, Cycle analyst (LOVE IT)--whole kit was 650 delivered within canada. So far 650km of winter commuting. Today minus 25c wires broke from backpack due to twinting and cold brittle insulation. . BARGIN!!!

EV GRIN ====PRICELESS

MIke

I've used electricrider http://www.electricrider.com/index.htm and ebikes.ca. I would recommend them both. electricrider has a pretty primitive web site and mostly sells the big Crystalytes, but has lots of parts available. Ebikes.ca has a lot of additional information available if you want to learn tradeoffs and recommendations. Can't always get them on the phone, but otherwise great service. I had a total (NiMH) battery burn (e.g. full flames)up and they gave me a fair credit on a Li replacement.

If you are looking for fresh lead I recommend batteryspec.com. Two time user and more than satisfied both times.

With all the good eBikekit comments (I totally agree - great folks) but nobody has mentioned 9C, nine continent or Conhismotor components? I believe that's who eBikekit uses?

I order directly from the factory with Barbara as the rep and have been totally pleased with their quality and service. I've used a 20" 48V 1000W system since mid December '09 its been excellent. I ordered another 48V 1000W kit for 26" and it's been great too. Very happy with these motors and my dealings with this company.

Conhismotor.com also has a forum and I see they make effort to reply and assist customers seeking assistance there. I find them to be a good company to deal with.

Well, where's there's a chance to be taken, there's a Texan! (raised in TX) Was looking for a stealthy, yet large enough motor to be reliable, one that had moderate climbing power yet only needed 20-22mph cruise. Was looking at Cute motors when I noticed a small thumbnail "BPM". Did an ES search and found a favorable review with a few favorable remaks about the BaFang climber. 8.7lbs, wound to be torquey, just a bit smaller than the Puma. It was 'the motor I was looking for.' Order online, air shipping from China $84, $70 motor. Hmmm, since they had Paypal, decided to give 'em a go.

I knew about BMS having a dicey reputation. What I didn't know was that ecity was their sister company. Anyway, if I receive a fine BPM motor by April 27th, then I'll be back e-biking by May. This e-mail will be updated in a positive light. If not, it'll be moved to the "other" thread 4/28 and I'll reconsider a Puma purchase from Cell_man.
(Stay tuned, late April.)
Arrived home to find a box from China, oh could it be. . . YES :mrgreen: not only 1, but both motors! (I had ordered 1 by slow/boat and 1 by airmail). Sensible packaging with motors suspended away from the box sides. The left Cute weighs in at 6.6lbs and my small but mighty BPM came in at 8.75lbs. Cute is sensored, the BPM is sensorless. Ms Annie included a 3 speed throttle control at no extra cost :)

Ordered 4/9pm in California, received at home 4/16am. I'm more than happy :p

Gotta go get some spokes rolled, pronto!2 motors.jpg

I'm very happy with my kit from e-bikekit.

http://e-bikekit.com//

They have exceptional customer support, which is a significant factor for a first-timer. I'm electrocommuting now, 30 miles round-trip, and the e-bikekit conversion plus a 48V Ping battery is everything I had hoped it might be.

Kellan

Hi All

I bought an Elation Kit (www.elationebikes.com.au) and I'm very happy with it. I had the LBS fit it as the job was beyond my skills.

I emailed the 'Inventor', Alan with some questions before hand and he phoned me back about 5 minutes later. Seemed like a nice enough bloke, very easy to chat with.

Very happy with the result. I'm far from being an expert, but I think it's the best way of coping with the 200W Australian limit.

:)

holmes hobbies.... ive had two motors laced by him[both on rhynolte rims] one bafang front mount ...last year... ive checked the spokes regularly...have to find a loo9se one...a second..this year a puma ,rear mount good service... thanks John

Back