• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Melbourne Australia group ride April 2012

Weather permitting, I'm in. I don't think I'll tackle any off road though with my slick tyres & close mudguards.

Gents,
my bike has issues inside the crank case - she cannot take any more power captain! I was gonna nurse it thru but the power is just slipping too much now.
New parts from Italy will take a few weeks.

I'm not gonna be able to make the ride, but I think you should still do it before the weather gets shite!
Please go ahead and don;t forget to post video, (please!)

Sorry folks...

Had an issue with the Bomber, was devistated - I wouldn't be able to attend, but John from Stealth told me to check some things, and FIXED!!!

21st ..... I'm there if the weather is ok.

I am out. Life a bit too busy at the moment.

Just to confirm, same bat time and same bat channel as the last ride?
This fits in with Sam's train trip from Ballarat.
Sat 21st at 10.30am in Fed square?

Only 4 of us!!!

AussieRider, FullThrottle, "Ben" (who's handle elludes me) and myself...

Weather was perfect, cool, light wind, and sunshine!!!

Where did you end up riding?

Sorry folks,
I coudn't get there, extra-curricular activities :wink: got in the way and when I looked at the clock again it was too late! Damn!
I'll make sure that my clock watching is better next time.

Awesome autumn day in Melbourne.

BenMoore and myself rode from inner north to Federation Square, where we met up with AussieRider and kiqnkf. While waiting for ElectricEd we witnessed an interesting phenomenon
eureka1.jpgeureka2.jpg
then rode to Port Melbourne and along the beach to St Kilda. No women's beach volley this time :cry: but plenty of stunt riding by kiqnkf on his new Stealth Bomber :mrgreen:
While getting snacks at a servo kiqnkf helped not one but two desperate drivers with their cars :)

By then Ben had to turn around, so I left as well and we had a rather scary ride along Chapel St :twisted:

Cool photo.

You rode down Chapel St. Pretty narrow road, with too many car doors for my liking. Not to mention the constant distraction of short skirts. :lol: Last time I was there, I was having a beer at Bridie O'Reilly's and saw a guy get doored. Ended up on the road, luckily the car behind him had time to stop, or he would have got run over. Scary how quickly a ride can turn nasty.

Another great social ride. kcqnkf & I rode on to Mentone via the Beach road. 33km & my SLAs were done. A big improvement over the last batts that only gave 13km but still, kcqnkf was only down to about 60%! On the way back at a rest stop, who should come the other way but Nicko 20km from home & going strong on his 2WD folder with trailer. What are the odds? We really got lucky with the perfect weather for the whole day. Keep the EV grin until the next ride.

Back