Mini Hiryuu - Mid power ebike

GRIN did give me this advice almost 3 years ago:

141 is only 3mm on each side compared to 135mm which is the standard for rear slotted drop outs.
You can make any of our solid axle style motors work for your bike. I would recomend one of the following.
1) Our GMAC geared motor which has excellent torque as well as a locked clutch for regenerative braking. The 10T wind would be a good option for extra low end torque.
2) The Nine Continent RH212 is a really robust direct drive motor. It is completely silent and would have virtually no servicing required.

Hey if the axle diameter is a fit then i don't see any problem with going to spacers and possibly losing your rear mechanical brake - the regen on either of these motors can be pumped up to levels beyond that of a 203mm mechanical disc. I'm thinking you also lose a few gears but you won't need many.. :)

GMAC should probably be driven by an infineon clone because apparently the phaserunner does drive the motor but stutters at higher RPMs. Cutler mac still sells infineon clones and they're excellent controllers. The extra noise of the infineon would be above your tolerance threshold htough.

RH212 is the budget sleeper motor here; i'm too picky about efficiency to try it

Hey if it works in your situation.. that's all that matters.

We can get down to 80% efficiency at a 5% grade.

1714008102203.png

But if we swap to 22", we shift that pain point to about an 6.2% grade. ( going slower as a result of the wheel size difference helps a bit too )

1714008818902.png

If you don't have rollercoaster like terrain like i do in the mountains, 24" will do fine.

Back