Modular, Multi-Platform, 300A ESC

Hello, I think I built the latest version v0.6 and I have a problem with the configuration file. The voltage measurement resistor values have changed to 360k and ~7900k. The mosfets I used were mdp10n027. Capacitors 4x 2000uF 100V nichicon. Everything works on small drone engines, but unfortunately not on larger ones. I set the dead time to 250ns. Is there an updated description of the PCB pins somewhere? Unfortunately, I don't currently have an oscilloscope to check the gates.
What firmware?

250ns is almost certainly about 1/3 of what you need. Normally i run 800ns on the MP2

You'll need to set different parameters for motors. Resistance, inductance and flux linkage. It can be run with all sorts of motors, i haven't found a motor it won't run yet.

You'll need to update the resistor divider in whatever firmware to stand a chance.

I recommend IPA and an old toothbrush to clean the board, it's caked in flux and debris in your pic. This will not help.

What firmware?

250ns is almost certainly about 1/3 of what you need. Normally i run 800ns on the MP2

You'll need to set different parameters for motors. Resistance, inductance and flux linkage. It can be run with all sorts of motors, i haven't found a motor it won't run yet.

You'll need to update the resistor divider in whatever firmware to stand a chance.

I recommend IPA and an old toothbrush to clean the board, it's caked in flux and debris in your pic. This will not help.

I use F405 pill. Both versions 6.02 and 6.05 work. I did the times according to Badginner's docs. Less than 300. Unless I misunderstood and that's not what I was supposed to enter in the MP2.h file. In the meantime, I managed to assemble the second board, which worked magically without any unnecessary problems. Could I have damaged any tracks while soldering the bussbars? The connectors in the attached photo are described somewhere, should I check them myself?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-28-07-22-37-239_com.github.android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-28-07-22-37-239_com.github.android-edit.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
I use F405 pill. Both versions 6.02 and 6.05 work. I did the times according to Badginner's docs. Less than 300. Unless I misunderstood and that's not what I was supposed to enter in the MP2.h file. In the meantime, I managed to assemble the second board, which worked magically without any unnecessary problems. Could I have damaged any tracks while soldering the bussbars? The connectors in the attached photo are described somewhere, should I check them myself?
There's a pre made header file for this board for VESC, you don't need to make your own. You are using VESC right? Iirc the dead time is 800ns

There's a pre made header file for this board for VESC, you don't need to make your own. You are using VESC right? Iirc the dead time is 800ns
The header is for version 0.3, just like the pinout from the image. Version 0.6 has different resistor values and a different pinout connector J1. The new board is available on github with fabrication files.

Hey Ebike mates!

Firstly i want to thank you for sharing and working on this project, great job! In February of 2024 i started to build this ESC, with the last fabrication files (The TO220 Version) and the F405 Pill. The JLCPCB made the panel without hesitation, most of the components are preassembled. 9 days later, the PCB's arrived. I ordered the other parts from Aliexpress and TME ( CRST030N10N Fets, 48-12 DCDC, 470uF 100V Lowesr, etc )
The mosfets looks awful, but its new and works great.

The first measures were successful, so the next step was to upload the VESC firmware. It was a little tricky, have not found a correct tutorial for this. The most useful infos come from Andrewwinter's answer #68. Finally the code has built and uploaded to pill successfully with an ST-Link V2. I used the "hw_MP2_v0.3.h" header files, but the voltage divider resistors values has to be modified, because the last schematics says it has R14(360k), R15(8.2K), R38(220k).

The MP2 and pill got alive, no driver needed on Win10, it recognize it as a com port. So lets start the VESC tool. I used the Firmware and VESC tool version 6.02, the newest 6.05 was just a test version, worked limited.

With 6.02 and a lot of hours testing, measuring, setting up, youtube videos, Vesc tutorials, forums later turned out it works with every BLDC motors i have. I tested with small drone motors, bigger drone motors, very big 2kW DJI Agras drone motors, and the final purpose 4kW Ebike motors with hall sensors (Emax 110S with 14S 60Ah lipo battery).

I have some minor issues that i want to investigate, but it would be great to use the Android VESC tool with a bluetooth module. Is anybody try to use the MP2 and 405Pill with a common serial bluetooth module connected to J2 Uart1 RX-TX?

Safe riding!

Tamas,
Greetings from Hungary

Attachments

• MP2_Tom.jpg
    MP2_Tom.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • kép_2024-04-10_133930772.png
    kép_2024-04-10_133930772.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 16
Hey Ebike mates!

Firstly i want to thank you for sharing and working on this project, great job! In February of 2024 i started to build this ESC, with the last fabrication files (The TO220 Version) and the F405 Pill. The JLCPCB made the panel without hesitation, most of the components are preassembled. 9 days later, the PCB's arrived. I ordered the other parts from Aliexpress and TME ( CRST030N10N Fets, 48-12 DCDC, 470uF 100V Lowesr, etc )
The mosfets looks awful, but its new and works great.

The first measures were successful, so the next step was to upload the VESC firmware. It was a little tricky, have not found a correct tutorial for this. The most useful infos come from Andrewwinter's answer #68. Finally the code has built and uploaded to pill successfully with an ST-Link V2. I used the "hw_MP2_v0.3.h" header files, but the voltage divider resistors values has to be modified, because the last schematics says it has R14(360k), R15(8.2K), R38(220k).

The MP2 and pill got alive, no driver needed on Win10, it recognize it as a com port. So lets start the VESC tool. I used the Firmware and VESC tool version 6.02, the newest 6.05 was just a test version, worked limited.

With 6.02 and a lot of hours testing, measuring, setting up, youtube videos, Vesc tutorials, forums later turned out it works with every BLDC motors i have. I tested with small drone motors, bigger drone motors, very big 2kW DJI Agras drone motors, and the final purpose 4kW Ebike motors with hall sensors (Emax 110S with 14S 60Ah lipo battery).

I have some minor issues that i want to investigate, but it would be great to use the Android VESC tool with a bluetooth module. Is anybody try to use the MP2 and 405Pill with a common serial bluetooth module connected to J2 Uart1 RX-TX?

Safe riding!

Tamas,
Greetings from Hungary
Hi Tamas!

I'm really happy to see another working board! Great!

I think you're the only person I know of to have tested the v0.6 (its not versioned yet in github, but should be v0.6 right? does it say v0.6 on your PCB?)
So ***Thank You*** for testing it, and thank you for reporting back! it's always a joy to see somebody build it.

If you do find bugs / problems / etc, please report them to us, we'll fix.

And yes, unfortunately the hw header files are for v0.3, which has a different set of voltage divider values. If you care to share your working header files, I'll upload them to the repo. Am busy as hell nowadays, didn't get to update them myself.

Br,

Back