Modularity- Pulling double-duty with Ebike and Power Tool batteries

There's several local reseller shops near me that sell old electric tools for practically nothing, naturally missing batteries. I know it's not a new idea by any stretch, but has anyone here made their own little "ecosystem" of eBike batteries that also work as tool packs for their things? I could see small, cheap 24v packs for little motors working no problem with most 18/20v things today, but is there a chance I could go higher?

I would not overvolt the tools. I have run lots of lawn tools on RC lipo's. Extending the run time long enough to melt shit on them sometimes. Mowers, string trimmers. You need the shell from the old battery, so you can wire in the new battery through the male end of the battery and connect to the tool.

I'm super happy with the new 48v mower I bought a couple years ago. Its battery could easily run a bike, if it was low wattage enough.

I have an EGO weed wacker and mower. The stock batteries work fine, so I haven't tried to adapt my ebike batteries onto them, but...they are both 14S. The EGO packs are labeled 56V, but there are several threads around here about using them.

I'm told my 48V inverter (provides 120V AC) will take the 58V of a fully-charged 52V pack (60V input capacitors?). I haven't tried that either, I'm just happy I have it just in case.

Back