• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

My 1.5 kwh bicycle

toft

10 W
Hy:) This is my newest bike. Old motor (some goldenmotor), infineon (now 50A) and two packs of lipo nominally 740wh each. 20s2p x2 typically. Its giving on fresh battery about 65 kmh on flat. What is importent for me now it is full suspension frame. More comfy than hard-tile with I had before.
20140301_170525.jpg

I do not have current movies with exactly this setup by i give old movie with the same components but other frame.
[youtube]p8GIz6KKR_s[/youtube]
Mike.

Some other pictures:
20131227_221828.jpg

20140104_215911.jpg

20140301_195353.jpg

20140301_200251.jpg

Ya, know that charching looks complicated. In the future I'll reconfigured pack to more easy way:).
20140301_222042.jpg

Regards, MIke:).

Each 20s2p is charging alone. I have two chargers. And charging is paraller for each packs. So to charge i rewiring pack tu 4s 10p. You can see on the last foto:). Charger is Turnigy 380W.

Probably isnt going to end up mattering but your rotor on your front disc brake is mounted backwards... the legs are supposed to point into the direction of the wheel spin.

You probably have right:). Direction is wrong. I have this wheel about 8 years, maybe more. On old pictures direction is ok. So I changed this. But do not remember why? Maybe this is a time to reconfigure this setup:). Regards, MIke:).

Voltron said:
Probably isnt going to end up mattering but your rotor on your front disc brake is mounted backwards... the legs are supposed to point into the direction of the wheel spin.
No, they're not.
Subject: Farfle's electromotard. Mk. 4
Subject: 8-piston gator brakes -

This interesting tidbit from a Hayes engineer contradicts their installation instructions:
squeakywheelz@bikeforums.net said:
http://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-mechanics/597858-brake-disc-spokes-why-they-all-leading.html#post9934282
Tech reply from Hayes this morning:

The reason for the spoke design is that there are two sources of stresses in the rotor. The first is mechanical stresses due to torque and the second is thermal stresses within the rotor. As the braking surface heats up, it expands. The inner portion of the rotor near the hub is comparatively much cooler. With the outer braking surface expanding with higher temperature and the temperature of the center remaining largely unchanged a thermal stress is imparted on the spokes. The spoke design is specified such that the mechanical stresses and the thermal stresses occur in opposite orientations, attempting to cancel each other out and lowering the total stress in spokes as opposed to adding together. The result is the “sweeping forward” spoke pattern.
That last sentence is ambiguous in that it doesn't specify which end of the 'spoke' is forward. If you sketch the vector diagram it means the end of the spoke closest to the hub should lead the sweep and the bicycle industry is doing it wrong.

The devil's argument is that 'conventional' compression of the spokes leads to the spokes pushing the ring somewhere undesired (w. spokes, caliper-then-w. spokes), vs. tension which could pull the ring underneath the caliper (radially). Even in the unlikely case of the caliper force on the tension configuration causing the ring to buckle, it wouldn't be trying to push parts in undesired directions as much. The ring being pulled out of the caliper wouldn't be desired, but seems preferable to the sudden stop caused by brake parts stuffing into wheel spokes.

So, maybe conclusion is: If you not pushing so hard direction doesn't matter:)? I was using this brake many years. With this configuration, and all matters is ok. Only one, the braking material in bb5 brakets is very easy to abrade. So on each ride I must regulate this by this red circle.
Regards, Mike.

Back