• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

My bbs02 stops working for a while (like 2 days) and then comes back to life, the system powers, only the motor not

jnlk6

10 mW
Hello everyone,

So I'm having problems with my bbs02, it has 2000mi on it and like 2 months ago I completely took it apart because the mostest were blown and I replaced it with the new controller with ifrb3077 mosfets. Then I had the problem, that the motor suddenly stopped spinning. After 3 days I tested again, without doing anything and it worked again, this repeats, but in the same periods..

It can't be the motor overheating (it was cold), the connectors in the motor are connected securely (I know that because I took it apart 3 times to check what it is and I relied on the fact that a connector could be loosen itself, so I crimped them together that this can't be the problem)

And the next time I opened the motor I thanked of that the wires in the controller are loose and there its difficult to do something... I'm not sure iff this is the problem but if it is, do I have to buy a new controller once again??

The throttle can't be the problem since I also have pedal assist and both works until the motor cuts off.

Do you have any tips or ideas what to do?

Thanks very much!

Describe the events surrounding blowing the controller originally.

It failed IMMEDIATELY after replacing the controller? Ran for, .....what? Seconds, minutes?

Is each run time roughly similar, or very closely the same?

Have you tested several hours after failure, 1 day, 1.5 days, 2, etc? Are you testing frequently during this time, or turning into a pumpkin?

EXACTLY what do you do when it fails, and what happens to it during the 3 days you have been waiting to test? Cold, wet, hot, dry, hit it with a hammer, dance the hokey-pokey, what? Charge the battery, perhaps? PRO TIP - find out what happens if you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The companion piece to DON'T frock WITH IT.

3 days is too long to be needed for anything to change, possible flaky hardware, possible undescribed actions are affecting this, most likely you have a loose wire or connection of some sort or an as-yet unidentified screwup is regularly occurring.

Back