• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

My build. Rayne Killswitch Electrified, 4KW Alien Components

I like the switch and plan to incorporate it on my build. Right now I'm still hunting around 1000garages trying to get a motor mount made still though
I'm planning to do my motor off the front or back. Having the motor there I won't have to worry about board/ground clearance allowing me to have a board that can really handle ( double drop deck with sidewinder trucks).

Can you please tell me about your charging port and the led screen telling the batteries' state. The charging port main wires set-up seems simple enough but what about the batteries colored wires...how do you have them connected to both of these devices?

Hummina Shadeeba said:
Can you please tell me about your charging port and the led screen telling the batteries' state. The charging port main wires set-up seems simple enough but what about the batteries colored wires...how do you have them connected to both of these devices?
Hi Hummina, sorry I'm not sure what you mean by "colored wires". And by "both of these devices" you mean the charging port and the CellLog?
If you take a look at my wiring diagram on page 2 of this thread you can see that the charging port is connected to both + and - of the battery by slightly thinner cables that I just soldered onto the main wires. The CellLog is connected to the battery's balance lead via an extension that I bought on eBay. Now the CellLog is a cool device to see the battery's state but it has the disadvantage that if you leave it connected permanently it will drain the battery more than you would think and even worse, it will unbalance the battery since it drains some cells more than others. To counter that I have put a small switch in between the ground (black wire) of the balance lead extension so I can switch the CellLog on and off.
Does that help?

Something’s wrong,
For the first time since I finished my build I had nothing but problems today and have no clue what’s going on. First I went out and my nunchuk had connection problems out of the blue, even before I started riding.
- powered on, connected nunchuk, left house, suddenly nunchuk loses signal
- get home, take a look at everything, notice that the arduino’s power connection might have a problem as the led is flickering.
- check power connection from ESC to arduino, seems to be fine, nunchuk connection solid again, weird
- take the board out again, take the rc remote with me just in case nunchuk loses connection again, which it did 5 miles later
- having enough of it I unplug arduino, plug in rc remote to ESC think I’m good now, doesn’t work though, slow works but as pull the throttle or go uphill one motor seems to have trouble,
- flip over my board pull the throttle one motor is making weird movement, weird noise and gets/is kinda hot. I push home (10 km) pulling the throttle it felt pretty similar as if the low-voltage cut-off of the ESC had kicked in but that’s impossible. At first I thought it must be a problem in the battery-ESC connection so my xt-90 or another bullet connector but everything looks fine.
- I thought the one motor must have shorted so I check if the wires touched but they didn’t. in fact all the connections seem to be fine and back home everything works again, not sure if it would work under load if I left the house right now
Battery was fine and loaded, so was the battery of nunchuk and rc transmitter.

As all connections seem to be fine, I would think my ESC must be damaged but I can’t think of how that could have happened as I just got home after two weeks of no skating.

Anybody got a clue where the problem could be? :cry:

No, I just had a similar day...For some reason I took a quanum controller and it wouldnt connect so we had to drive back home to get another controller. My buddy and I went 4 miles into our ride and a bearing failed on the drive wheel and blew apart. We were taking turns with the other board (my Riverbed Board) and not 5 minutes later I broke one of the pneumatic wheel hubs...

It sounds like your ESC is having an issue. Check your motor wires.

Wow seems like we all had a grand day...burned the 12s Esc on the destroyer...
Had to kick for over 6 kms... :oops:

Im sure big oil is behind this... :shock:

so that is what you look like superpef...
felt sorry for the pushing guy... all bent down kneeling trying to squeeze some speed out of the incline... LOL
Nice trail nice scenery..... will definitly bring my board next time Im in germany :D

I think I have. Noticed today on the bench that the isolation on one of the motor wires was cut and was touching the motor casing when carving. Repaired the isolation, but can't test under load right now as it's rainy. Hope I didn't fry my ESC, seems to work fine under no load.

beto_pty said:
so that is what you look like superpef...
felt sorry for the pushing guy... all bent down kneeling trying to squeeze some speed out of the incline... LOL
Nice trail nice scenery..... will definitly bring my board next time Im in germany
hehe yes itse me, wonderful spot..

Got it, felt something weird under the isolation removed it and found this:

The cables always felt like the weak link on these alien motors, the isolation is thin rubber tube that tears like nothing and the cable is too stiff at the end because of solder paste, so it broke right there where the flexible part ends and the stiff part begins..

Back