My dream bikes...that will become true!

New member here, saying howdy and WOW you guys are awesome!
I've been biking 35 years, and MTB for 30 years, race occasionally at the Sport level.
I have not driven a car or gas powered vehicle in over 15 years.
Most of my focus is hooligan trail and downhill, but I've been known to do long XC explorations too.
Electric bikes to me are the golden opportunity to self-shuttle and get tons of laps...without waiting for a crew to organize.
I ride trails here in Oregon that have PLENTY of grade to travel ridiculous pace without needing power or pedaling...but the way back up is my goal.
Most of our trails have fireroad access to the top...so I will be looking to fly up those roads while keeping my weight low enough to pump and jump easily on the way down.
We also have some rad moto friendly single track here. Within a 50 mile radius of Eugene there are around 300-400 miles of single track trails!

I am beyond novice with electronics, but I learn fast when intrigued....you all got me so inspired. \m/ :D \m/
I believe the best plan is for me to start with a complete kit, and move into the DIY realm as my knowledge progresses.
So...my first rides will be a BafangHD on a KHS with 6" rear and 7" front for basic goofing around and commuting.
But my banger is my new Intense Tracer27.5 which will be getting a Tangent Ascent installed in the next week...should be awesome!
Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 11.29.24 AM (1).jpg
I'll make lots of vids and share em...here's a fun one :)
https://vimeo.com/47048494

Big props to LunaCycle and Dave from Tangent...I ask ALOT of questions and these guys put up with me wonderfully.
Many thanks to you all for the inspiration, hope I can return the favor someday.

One of my dreams is a feather weight quad made from bicycle components...with a motor to match.
Something much like this...but probably custom tuned to my style of riding....
http://www.contesengineering.com/athos.html

Has anyone else tried this theme? I've seen a few recumbents, but not a attack position design.
How much more power do ya think it would take to push one of these compared to a bicycle?

(P.S. am i in the wrong room? new to this)

My dream is when electric storage, batteries or fuel cells or whatever, is about the size of a deck of cards for 1kwh. The our bikes won't even need wheels or suspensions, because they'll be airborne.

Of course the bigger dream is that once they figure out gravity, then anti-gravity devices that don't require blades or rockets can't be far behind. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.
I too imagine such a tiny battery would be awesome.
...but I'm new to this and ANY Ppower is pure joy to me still.
So far, I have only toyed around in a parking lot at a local shop on a test ride of a Bafang 500w.
This is gonna ne a special week for me with all my new kit arriving. :p

Leebolectric said:
New member here, saying howdy and WOW you guys are awesome!
I've been biking 35 years, and MTB for 30 years, race occasionally at the Sport level.
I have not driven a car or gas powered vehicle in over 15 years.
Most of my focus is hooligan trail and downhill

Good man. Staying Green in Eugene. Hit me up if you want an e-bike riding partner. I love a good trail ride, though I'm setup for street at the moment. I suppose those tracks you are talking about are out in the Oakridge area. Other than ridgeline trail in town, what have you found in and around town that's a good dirt & rock ride?

Moon Mountain seems to be the spot in town.

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 7.19.37 PM.png

Back