My perfect electric bike.

Robocog

100 W
I may sell this to GT.

Use the OLD Idrive spec works. Upgrade the strength of the material of the outer shell. Mount a motor straight in, perpendicular to the axle. Axle has a bevel somewhat hypoided gear freewheel.

Motor has a freewheel built in. Zerks on all bearings. 6 to 1 ratio. Two bearings on the outer shell. upgraded bottom bracket strength. 500 watts should do. Make it high amp, 24 volt. Brushless. So you could carry lots of ah's lightly. Cruise control, for ultimate speed. LEGAL BUTTON also.

Several seats no markup, with controller attached nicely to bottom. Structural member. OR even with a hole designed in, to avoid the post.

Throttle and assist. The entire works could end up say 35 pounds, no batt. Enduro chassis and build. Long travel. Street and dirt settings for travel, height, sag, damping, with no gimmicks, REAL suspension components. so that you could set for street and any conditions you might meet. And they could suggest starting settings and have a forum for others too.

Single front gear, maybe eight speeds, for strong chain. With 500 watts on tap, no need to have moar gears.

Now, I am building most of this, and I will beat it by two pounds, but I am not having an elegant mid drive bevel gear drive. It would be almost SILENT mid drive. And long for maintenance. Just keep squirting it with grease.

It could do maybe 27 mph unrestricted. With pedaling.

The triangle on the Idrives would hold a YUGE batt. I made the DHX5.0 fit my Idrive. 8.75 Eye to eye. Increased the strike arc. To better control action. Less work for shock. Less heat etc.

Right now, I am just using maybe 50 % sag, for street. This makes the Talas 36 fox simply PLUSH. And on the street, it wont bottom. Carry pump, and simply add for dirt.

Same with the back shock. With my greater leverage, I use vastly less POSITIVE pressure, and the shock is with 50% sag, plush. That still gives two inches of travel. rear. I may add some external bumpers for bottom, real gradual. To save shock the harm.

These directions have not been discussed, and I have done so with Fox, and ride monkey and others, they concur it will work as I hope. The key is, NO GIMMICKS shock and fork. H and L compression, rebound maybe both. Possibly with a propedal blowoff type threshold system too. But, with 500 watts, you wont have to bob, or leave your seat.

How bout, single crown fork, with stantions you can slide up, and relock with bolts. To lower. Possibly a threaded section that controls rear height.

We need a reconfigurable dirt capable, long travel, light weight, assisted pedal, street savvy hot rod. One size fits all. If it was REALLY alternate transpo, I could see five thou easy as a bargain.

I am using 29er rims and shwalbe marathon pluses, 700 x 32, and plan to use 26 rims and tires someone is getting rid of. Same gears and brake rotors, simply switch. Ready with lower gearing.

I am using on My build, a 26 talas fork, and the 29er wheel fits well. I had to mod the rear a tad.

On my perfect build, it would also have a brief fairing. With slats, so that it sheds the wind, but crosswinds go thru.

I have seen no road race inspired fairings on mtb bikes.

Anyway, I was daydreaming. I am getting as close as I can now.

But the dream includes no maintenance, no whining.

Back