Mystery 3 pin connectors on Sabvoton SVMC7280 controller

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together a high power ebike with 3kw hub motor and a Sabvoton SVMC7280 controller.

So far it's going alright, I've done the hall test and set the parameters and the wheel goes round when I turn the throttle etc. However there are two three pin connectors that I don't know what they do (see attached photo). The wires going into them are green, yellow, black into one and green, yellow brown into the other.

The two connectors would plug into each other but obviously I'm a bit reluctant to try that with knowing what they do.

The speedo on the display stays on zero when the wheel is going round so I wonder if these plugs have something to do with the speedo.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_163144264.jpg
    IMG_20200516_163144264.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 95
Just in case anyone else is struggling with this, it seems that you do need to plug the connectors into each other. After doing this the speedo and power meter are working on the display and an exclamation mark appears on the display when I use the brakes.

I would assume that this connector can be used to trigger a brake light but god knows how. It's a shame this type of thing isn't shown in the PDF manuals that Sabvoton produce. It seems that they've updated the product and the manuals are lagging behind.

Back