Nanjing far driver controllers

ebike11 said:
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
senlin said:
Yeah was a very good difference in power

Thats good...what percentage values did you put for the RPMs??

When I put in 100, it automatically updated the rpm. They all show 9000 on my app. As J bjork mentioned earlier I probably didn't set up throttle wires correctly and so was on middle setting. So when I made them all 100% setting it overode that. But you may have set up throttle correctly and it might not make a difference.

Ok I see...which fields does it show 9000 on your app? Thx

Here is a screenshot of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-07-18-26-34-93_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-07-18-26-34-93_d279723bf9eb758d3f8979baeae9d05a.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 418
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
Thats good...what percentage values did you put for the RPMs??

When I put in 100, it automatically updated the rpm. They all show 9000 on my app. As J bjork mentioned earlier I probably didn't set up throttle wires correctly and so was on middle setting. So when I made them all 100% setting it overode that. But you may have set up throttle correctly and it might not make a difference.

Ok thanks!
Which motor do you have?

ebike11 said:
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
senlin said:

Ok thanks!
Which motor do you have?

I got this bhm3000, it has very similar specs to a mxus3k. Was able to get it for a good price. By the way did you ever get your speed display working for your bike. I just can't get mine to show correct speed. Seems to be no way to adjust it correctly in my settings. I've emailed saiecosys for the latest firmware, hopefully that will work. I've attached pic of my almost finished build.

Attachments

• IMG20230105164957.jpg
    IMG20230105164957.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 381
  • IMG20230102160336.jpg
    IMG20230102160336.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 384
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
senlin said:
ebike11 said:

Ok thanks!
Which motor do you have?

I got this bhm3000, it has very similar specs to a mxus3k. Was able to get it for a good price. By the way did you ever get your speed display working for your bike. I just can't get mine to show correct speed. Seems to be no way to adjust it correctly in my settings. I've emailed saiecosys for the latest firmware, hopefully that will work. I've attached pic of my almost finished build.

Hi...oh what is the top speed of your bike??

I gave up trying to get the speed sensor to work. I just use GPS on my phone. Its more accurate I think

Also what did you put in the Pole Pairs field?

ebike11 said:
senlin said:
ebike11 said:
senlin said:

Ok thanks!
Which motor do you have?

Hi...oh what is the top speed of your bike??

I gave up trying to get the speed sensor to work. I just use GPS on my phone. Its more accurate I think

Also what did you put in the Pole Pairs field?

When I had a 70v pack it was about 80km/h. I now have a 60v pack but haven't tested top speed but prob now 65ish. I'm attempting to get this road legal. It's very strict in Australia. I can't have a GPS for speed. I'm also going to try registering as a moped, so I need to be able to restrict the speed to 50km/h.

I've never changed the pole pairs, it's sitting on 4 which is probably not right, but I'm super happy with the powerful smooth acceleration I'm getting so don't want to fiddle with anything.

I just wish I could get this display to show the correct speed and then work out how to do a 50km speed restriction. The SIA store on AliExpress do reply to me, but just don't really answer what I am asking.

h0tsauce said:
senlin said:
I downloaded the latest app. It has those display settings. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work on my controller. Getting this on my screen when I try to connect.

Looks like you don't have the latest after all. I think the latest is 2.6.1
But that message is the result of a simple date check. Go into your phone's settings and change date to manual, and change the date to last September or so and the app should work

By any chance do you have link for the last version ? I have the same problem, i tried to change the date but still the same

deida789 said:
By any chance do you have link for the last version ? I have the same problem, i tried to change the date but still the same
It's a link that I got from reading this, but sure
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/17K1ILh-IekDZlz2ZEMyxLLreL_TSe8y7

There are several APKs for the app. Just find the one whose name ends in 2.6.1

senlin said:
I just wish I could get this display to show the correct speed and then work out how to do a 50km speed restriction.

Restrict speed by setting the MaxSpeed parameter. You need to measure the diameter of your tire, then just plug it (and the grease ratio of you have a mid-drive motor) into this calculator
https://www.omnicalculator.com/everyday-life/rpm

If you have a hub motor, you need to take the calculated RPM and multiply by four (because a hub motor has 4 times as many pole pairs as a mid-drive, and the app is designed around mid-drive) and plug that in the MaxSpeed parameter, and you're done

Just a small note, hub motors don’t have 4x as many pole pairs. a mid drive might have 5 pairs as in qs138 and emrax motors, 7 as in most RC outrunners - or other numbers. Hubs also come in different flavours so check motor datasheet or count them to get it right.

h0tsauce said:
deida789 said:
It's a link that I got from reading this, but sure
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/17K1ILh-IekDZlz2ZEMyxLLreL_TSe8y7

There are several APKs for the app. Just find the one whose name ends in 2.6.1
Thank you !

deida789 said:
h0tsauce said:
senlin said:
I downloaded the latest app. It has those display settings. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work on my controller. Getting this on my screen when I try to connect.

Looks like you don't have the latest after all. I think the latest is 2.6.1
But that message is the result of a simple date check. Go into your phone's settings and change date to manual, and change the date to last September or so and the app should work

That's interesting, the version the AliExpress store sent me is 2.1.7. so looks like I haven't got the latest. I'll try the 2.6.1.

There is no 2.6.1 in the Google drive folder. Neueste seems to be 2.1.7

h0tsauce said:
senlin said:
I just wish I could get this display to show the correct speed and then work out how to do a 50km speed restriction.

Restrict speed by setting the MaxSpeed parameter. You need to measure the diameter of your tire, then just plug it (and the grease ratio of you have a mid-drive motor) into this calculator
https://www.omnicalculator.com/everyday-life/rpm

If you have a hub motor, you need to take the calculated RPM and multiply by four (because a hub motor has 4 times as many pole pairs as a mid-drive, and the app is designed around mid-drive) and plug that in the MaxSpeed parameter, and you're done

Thanks, I'll try that.

larsb said:
Just a small note, hub motors don’t have 4x as many pole pairs. a mid drive might have 5 pairs as in qs138 and emrax motors, 7 as in most RC outrunners - or other numbers. Hubs also come in different flavours so check motor datasheet or count them to get it right.

Hi
The app displays 4 Pole Pairs but my QS273 has 16 Pole Pairs I believe. However the motor is running perfectly smooth with the stock oem setting at 4.

Should I just leave it alone? Its strange

h0tsauce said:
If you have a hub motor, you need to take the calculated RPM and multiply by four (because a hub motor has 4 times as many pole pairs as a mid-drive
That depends on what motor you're using in the middrive (some people use hubmotors for that, for instance). ;)

It also depends on the hubmotor--the Ultramotors I have use far less poles than the typical generic hubmotors I've also got.

amberwolf said:
h0tsauce said:
If you have a hub motor, you need to take the calculated RPM and multiply by four (because a hub motor has 4 times as many pole pairs as a mid-drive
That depends on what motor you're using in the middrive (some people use hubmotors for that, for instance). ;)

It also depends on the hubmotor--the Ultramotors I have use far less poles than the typical generic hubmotors I've also got.

My qs273 is 16 pole pairs yet on the app its still set to 4 from the factory but the bike runs smoothly..strange

I don’t think pole pairs has any effect on the motor control but is used for speed readings and such.

The important thing for the motor is to switch at the right time via sensorless or sensored position detection of the rotor.

I could be wrong, but I am of the impression that nanjing pole pairs refer to stator pole pairs and not permanent magnet pole pairs. The pole pair ratio of my leaf 1500W hub is 5 in the nanjing app. And again I could be wrong, but my leaf may have 20 stator pole pairs and 23 permanent magnet pole pairs.

No, that’s not it. There isn’t anything called stator pole pairs, they come in threes since these are three phase motors.

The difference between slots and poles: Increasing the number of slots drives a change in the winding but the electric rpm stays the same but if you increase the rotor poles then erpm also increases.

For the BLDC motors we're dealing with on these types of controllers, the stator doesn't have pole pairs like the rotor does; they're called that for magnets because each magnet has a north and south, and the magnets usually alternate polarities, so each pair of magnets is one pole pair, that causes the typical hall sensor to cycle once.

The stator has teeth that are wound and when windings are energized by one set of phase wires they'll be one polarity, but the other polarity when those windings are energized the other way.

In an AC induction motor the term can be used for the stator (since there are no magnets); for a three phase version of this type of motor, the number of teeth is divided by three and called the pole number. Sometimes it is called pole pairs when this number is divided by six instead, but it does not mean the same thing.

Note that what Chinese controller manufacturers use for terminology may not match up with this, and in those cases they will have to define exactly what they are looking for in each specific case.

Attached is a hi-res photograph of the inside of Fardriver 72330.
Looking forward to programming it properly one day.

Attachments

• Fardrive tear down.jpg
    Fardrive tear down.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 197
lord_gammon said:
Attached is a hi-res photograph of the inside of Fardriver 72330.
Looking forward to programming it properly one day.

Can you read the microcontroller markings or it is brushed off?
If it is an ST or one of it's clones, it can be VESCed :flame:
Even if it's flash programming is blocked, it can be replaced with a fresh one with the same package real easy.

EDIT: It is LQFP48 and VESC uses STM32F4 in LQFP64 package, so no straightforward conversion

Attachments

• chrome_mEHHeTnemX.png
    chrome_mEHHeTnemX.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 140
Back