Nanjing far driver controllers

Did it ever work, or was this fault at first power up?

If it did work, what happened between the time it did, and the time it stopped working?

Knowing those we can start working out a path to finding the cause of the failure.

Did it ever work, or was this fault at first power up?

If it did work, what happened between the time it did, and the time it stopped working?

Knowing those we can start working out a path to finding the cause of the failure.
Yes, it worked find until it all of the sudden cut on my riding.
I
.I was abus to flip my key on turns i off several times and and... that seemed to work 10 or 15 minutes, but no I just get the mosfet error.

Could you give more complete details on the problems, exact symptoms, leading up to the complete failure?
Really were no symptoms. I was riding, it killed. Restarted the controller... good to go... for a while... i was about to repeat the restart and it just stopped from there and gave me the mosfet low end warning

Ok. Well, something caused the controller to detect an out of limits condition and turn off before the final failure. Were there any error conditions displayed? (either on screen, or on-controller light blink codes?)

SInce phase FETs failed, the most likely two things are:
-- that there is a cabling or connecttor problem between motor and controller, or a problem in the motor phases themselves, that overloaded the FETs.
-- if the system is setup for "one pedal" operation, so that the motor is never really coasting but is either accelerating or braking, then if the battery had any issue that shut it off during the regen braking portion, the voltage spike that happens inside the controlelr during this event can damage or destroy FETs before the controller can stop the braking event and shutdown.

There's other problems that could cause this, such as just plain bad hardware design in the ocntroller, or poor parts choices in there, manufacturing defects, etc.

Please help me if you have any idea, controller is ND72240.
My motorcycle recently start acting very weird.
When I fully accelerate, around over 70km/h, motor starts deaccelerate (feel like engine brake) some kind of limiter? and having jerky motion.
I first thought it is limitation based on speed or rpm but it literally exceeds that on downhill. (the point is I haven't changed anything and I have never had this kind of problem before.)

Only thing I can imagine is I updated MotorNet6 app to check some numbers the day before but I didn't even touch any number.
I will do auto learning again tomorrow, and that's the only thing I can predict.
Screenshot_20230912.png

Hello!

I have almost same problem, as syukanzaki. But my motor starts deaccelerate from beggining, at 10-15 km/h IF i goes full throttle. If I twist throttle more gently it start accelerating more smooth. Also I have some vibration in mid RPMs.

My config - qs 260 40h hub motor, fardriver nd72530 and 60v94ah li-nmc batt. Based on honda nc 21 frame.

Checked voltage sag (around 3v @ 150a) its ok. Wiring and connection are also ok. I already trayed decrease current, done autolearn many times, changed AN and LM setting, played with ratios in speed tables etc - nothing helps. Only one parameter does some effect - phase offset.

During autolearning, fardriver sets it as 35, sometimes 34 or 36, but almost same every time. With this value I have this problem - go full throttle - good acceleration up to 10-15 km/h - then motor starts vibrate and i feel big power losses - SAD. If I open throttle about 20-40% - it seems okay, not bad performance overall. But I know, it can be much more fun.

I bought this fardriver via SIA, so I decided ask they for help. They suggest to change phase offset from 35 to 210 (!). okay, i tryed it - motor starts spining wrong direction. I fixed it by changing direction in app. Well, with this value i have really powerful and smooth start - BUT - again! After reaching zone of mid RPMs (300-400 for me, rated is 860) - strong deacceleration like regen braking. I played with offset value - sometimes i have poor start with noise and vibration and good work on high speeds, sometimes great start and poor perfomance on high speeds.

Any suggestions? Controller does not match with motor? Bad tuning?

My setting below, thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911-105544_南京远驱~2.png
    Screenshot_20230911-105544_南京远驱~2.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230911-105519_南京远驱~2.png
    Screenshot_20230911-105519_南京远驱~2.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230911-105524_南京远驱.png
    Screenshot_20230911-105524_南京远驱.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 30
Здравствуйте помогите пожалуйста настроить мотоцик,сбросил настройки после чего автооабучение настраивает не корректно,спидометр показывает не правильно,коробка передач тоже работает не правильно,мотоцикл дукати понегал 3000киловат мотор колесо

Hello, please help me set up the motorcycle, I reset the settings and then the auto-learning does not set up correctly, the speedometer does not show correctly, the gearbox also does not work correctly, the motorcycle

You only need to post your problem once, not five times, then be patient and wait for someone that can help you.

Impatient repetition of the same thing multiple times in a few minutes is not going to get you a faster answer. ;)

You only need to post your problem once, not five times, then be patient and wait for someone that can help you.

Impatient repetition of the same thing multiple times in a few minutes is not going to get you a faster answer. ;)
Недавно здесь так получилось😬

Please help me if you have any idea, controller is ND72240.
My motorcycle recently start acting very weird.
When I fully accelerate, around over 70km/h, motor starts deaccelerate (feel like engine brake) some kind of limiter? and having jerky motion.
I first thought it is limitation based on speed or rpm but it literally exceeds that on downhill. (the point is I haven't changed anything and I have never had this kind of problem before.)

Only thing I can imagine is I updated MotorNet6 app to check some numbers the day before but I didn't even touch any number.
I will do auto learning again tomorrow, and that's the only thing I can predict.
View attachment 339525
What I've tried so far.

Auto leaning - still same issue.

When I did full acceleration wheel off the ground while auto learning, I realized acceleration is smooth and meter reads 120km/h.
So my guess is it is torque issue.
Set gear ratio 100% up to 5500rpm - still same issue.

I believe this is very low possibility (because I just installed new Livepo4 battery about 2 months ago) but my next guess is Low voltage cut-off is too high.
So I set low voltage cut-off more lower last night.
I hope I can test it tonight.

I cant change some values on the far driver like pole pair or ratios in speed. If i want to crank up ratios in speed it says enter new BLE but it let's it set it downwards. What the hell can this be?

What I've tried so far.

Auto leaning - still same issue.

When I did full acceleration wheel off the ground while auto learning, I realized acceleration is smooth and meter reads 120km/h.
So my guess is it is torque issue.
Set gear ratio 100% up to 5500rpm - still same issue.

I believe this is very low possibility (because I just installed new Livepo4 battery about 2 months ago) but my next guess is Low voltage cut-off is too high.
So I set low voltage cut-off more lower last night.
I hope I can test it tonight.
I've tried all I can predict but nothing works.
I'm planning to replace controller to 72260, 72360 or 72450 but not sure which one is the best for QS3000w72v motor.
Battery has 80A BMS.
Does anyone have suggestion or personal recommendation?
I don't really mind the price.

i'm experiencing no issues with QS205 V3 hub motor with ND72450 controller syukanzaki. the motor can deliver 3000W (and more) and my battery is also 72V(48Ah).

i'm experiencing no issues with QS205 V3 hub motor with ND72450 controller syukanzaki. the motor can deliver 3000W (and more) and my battery is also 72V(48Ah).
Thank you!
I would go for 72450 then.
I appreciate if you share your settings and tire size.

I've tried all I can predict but nothing works.
I'm planning to replace controller to 72260, 72360 or 72450 but not sure which one is the best for QS3000w72v motor.
Battery has 80A BMS.
Does anyone have suggestion or personal recommendation?
I don't really mind the price.
I guess I figured out the problem.
I didn't expect battery issue because I just changed it about 2 months ago.
But it looks like the battery can't handle enough peak current now even it's fully charged. (battery indicator goes 0 when deacceleration starts, and that's why it often happens on uphill.) (but range is still no problem up to 30-40miles.)

The biggest reason is I put too large and fat tire for 3000w motor but that's the only one on the market for the replacement fits on the rim.

Bridgestone Battlax Adventurecross Scrambler AX41S Rear Tire 180/80-14​

Motor is from Z6 series 14" and this original tire was terribly bad.
1805014.JPG

I already ordered ND72450 and I will replace it anyway.
I'm not even trying to make it over 100km/h but I just wanna fix deacceleration and jerky motion. (used to be smooth up to 90km/h.)
I will probably replace battery again but I don't wanna make the same mistake.

GTK 72v 40ah LifePO4 w/ 80A BMS - all status is fine on app.
Since Li-ion has higher energy density, Li-ion is better for high-powered motorcycle? even sacrificing the lifespan. (but I'm also worried about winter time because I live in nyc and always park outside.)

Or, if I replace it to same GTK LifePO4 but 80ah w/ 120A BMS, it will fix this problem? (or even higher or any recommendation?)

Hello everyone.
I'm using ND72360 controller, from the beggining everything was fine. But after some time i faced with a problem.
I can't change any controller settings, because i can't connect to bluetooth using app anymore. App see dongle, after i'm pressing connect, i'm getting message "ble connected, controller connecting..." and nothing happens more. I tried to use ttl to usb adapter (on CH340 chip) to connect controller directly to pc using motorcenglish software, but still no luck. Software autodetects COM port and baud rate, but doesn't make connection.
Maybe someone had simillar issue and found a solution? Or maybe is there a way to change controller settings in other way? Any kind of info will be apreciated
Thanks in advance.

Hi new build here ..using ND72530 24 aeh73 controller. Bluetooth conects ok but will not go into self learning and I cannot change any parameters in particular wheel direction.no error messages just doesn't change anything...so stuck with motor running wrong way..any help would be appreciated..
Thanks

I had an issue where regen wouldn't kickin unless I was below 80V. Turns out you need to change the Full battCoeff under the PROTECT section. I had adjusted the Full battCoeff value initially to get a better gauge estimate for battery capacity but apparently it was too low and messed up the regen.

I increased Full battCoeff from 1100 to 1300 and regen worked at 83-84V! Be careful not to set it too high could potentially blow FETs.

Last edited:
Looks like some posts were accidentally made on the archive version of the forum

This is a quote of the two posts that were made there just so future readers wont' have to go there to find them:

SamRich post_id=1749385 time=1697659119 user_id=35824 said:
Sattva Ram post_id=1742683 time=1670629563 user_id=69920]<break /><break /><break /> [QUOTE=AdR post_id=1742675 time=1670626012 user_id=79156 said:
I have a ND96530. Running a 24s battery which mean max voltage of 100.8V. Had to set nominal voltage to 79V in order to get over voltage protection to show 99.8V. They definitely have some serious series# to max voltage calculation issues. This now show my model # to be 79530.

Okay so nominal sets overvolt. The question is whether overvolt sets regen protect volt too...well i'll check it soon i guess...

I had an issue where regen wouldn't kickin unless I was below 80V. Turns out you need to change the Full battCoeff under the PROTECT section. I had adjusted the Full battCoeff value initially to get a better gauge estimate for battery capacity but apparently it was too low and messed up the regen.

I increased Full battCoeff from 1100 to 1300 and regen worked at 84V!
[quote="Sattva Ram" post_id=1749386 time=1697671512 user_id=69920]
Hmm thank you. This is great to know. However you dont want it to work at 84 cause it'll blow your mos if the bms shuts off...(unless you have split port but none of the good bmses use split these days i wonder why not tho to prevent such situation). I'd totally put it back to 1100 tho or thereabout if i was you. I'll try to fiddle with it and see if it worx. I never even really fully charged my battery so far and regen as weak af but i was very afraid of blowing the fet with the FD. I just blew a votol cause of too strong a regen and an improperly set regen protect voltage...anyway i think i'll sell the FD and go with the votol so it doesnt really matter anymore.

I increased Full battCoeff from 1100 to 1300 and regen worked at 83V! Be careful not to set it too high could potentially blow FETs.
be carefull >>>> I have set mine to 1250 für a SOC 100% value at 87,8V , regen works up to to max voltage.

I've just finished assemble ND72450 and PowerfulLithium battery today. Motor is QS3000w72v
Last issue was actually not because of controller, but battery. (cheap chinese battery even it's half a year old.)

Now my motorcycle runs super fast and smooth but I have 2 new issues.
1. Speedmeter doesn't work correctly at all, just keep showing random numbers continuously. (whether stop or run.)
2. Gear 1-2-3 disappears from meter and switch doesn't do anything.
I believe all wires connect correctly because I basically just swapped from ND72240. (both wire diagram and wire color is the same.)

I've been trying to fix myself but I'm confused because settings are really different and has a lot more parameters.
Screenshot_20231115.png

Thank you.

Last edited:
I’m trying to add % values to regen but it won’t save only the 1500rpm tab. All others can be changed and saved. Anyone know what the issue is?

Attachments

• IMG_6187.jpeg
    IMG_6187.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 3
Back