Need ebike stealthyness ideas

yes, here are the pictures:
ebike%2020ah%20001.jpg

ebike%2020ah%20002.jpg

ebike%2020ah%20006.jpg

I used fireworks to scale them down to 40% so they are all below 800px large then share them via dropbox on a public folder :)

looks like a document case :lol:

I think something like black leather should look good. Did you manage to get leather at good price?

also, I like your DIY rear rack. Is it sturdy enough to carry a passenger? I need to be able to do that with my bike :lol:

cwah said:
NeilP, for the type of current you're running, reading it again, lipo NanoTech still seems to be the best available for your needs. Just that lipo are not the lightest batteries anymore, they are only the most powerful now :lol:

damn..was getting all excited about how I could make a smaller pack :(

Im also working on a cover for mine at the moment.
I will post back when it is finished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,376
It you can't hide it, divert the mind to other thoughts...

Pick up a yard of black ballistic nylon on eBay and stitch up a black bag to cover your battery. Then take it to a tee-shirt place and have them print the sides with white lettering:

• "Topeak Shotgun Tote"
Problem solved! I'm sure you'll still get questions, but at least they'll be different... :mrgreen:

teklektik said:
It you can't hide it, divert the mind to other thoughts...

Pick up a yard of black ballistic nylon on eBay and stitch up a black bag to cover your battery. Then take it to a tee-shirt place and have them print the sides with white lettering:

• "Topeak Shotgun Tote"
Problem solved! I'm sure you'll still get questions, but at least they'll be different... :mrgreen:

Sure... and a small confederate flag wouldn't hurt either :wink:

another thing iv found by accident was that wearing a large russian black rabbit fur hat with earflaps , under your helmet,
keeps your head and ears nice and toasty and out of the blasting wind, and also peoples attention on that and not on your bike.

by the time theyre done staring at the animal wrapped around your head,trying to work out if its just your unusual hair ,maybe having a snigger, your pretty much out of site, then they may or may not realise, wait a minute...he was going 50k!

this definately works cause nearly everyone i see while wearing this hat is staring a my head as i go past :lol:

cwah said:
ps: The lightest one are the NCR18650B, they top at 250wh/kg. Tesla are using these cells for their car. But C rate is incredibly low, something like 0.5C. But as Tesla did, they've just put so many batteries in the car it compensates the low C rate... and they also probably have good thermal management.
Not exactly sure how to read these graphs, but do I see 5 Amps on here?

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Panasonic%20NCR18650B%20Protected%203400mAh%20%28Green%29%20UK.html

Panasonic%20NCR18650B%20Protected%203400mAh%20(Green)-Capacity.png

ridethelightning said:
another thing iv found by accident was that wearing a large russian black rabbit fur hat with earflaps , under your helmet,
keeps your head and ears nice and toasty and out of the blasting wind, and also peoples attention on that and not on your bike.

by the time theyre done staring at the animal wrapped around your head,trying to work out if its just your unusual hair ,maybe having a snigger, your pretty much out of site, then they may or may not realise, wait a minute...he was going 50k!

this definately works cause nearly everyone i see while wearing this hat is staring a my head as i go past :lol:

Doesn't it get hot wearing that around December in the Southern Hemisphere?

yeah totally....just coming up to that. have to find a new ridiculous camorflage....stick on fake fruit! or maybe a vietnamese rice farmer hat.

ridethelightning said:
yeah totally....just coming up to that. have to find a new ridiculous camorflage....stick on fake fruit! or maybe a vietnamese rice farmer hat.

Being a Viet, I like the rice patty hat idea!

How about a backpack?

With a folding bike I'm guessing you take it with you alot. Might be easy to just put the batts on you back.

Back