need help downgrading from mxus 3k

Djhandz

100 mW
Hi guys I need some help in downgrading my mxus v3 turbo
There is nothing wrong with the mxus but I don't need all that power and want something a little lighter/efficient
The problem I have is I don't know which route to take
Option 1 sell all my gear and buy a new 1500w kit

Option 2 just sell my motor get a 1500w hub motor and use the controller and display I have and limit the power using cycle analyst

Option 3 your suggestions

My current gear mxus 3k turbo 4 turn
Sabvoton 150 controller
Cycle analyst v3
Lipo rc battery's
Rider weight around 75kg

What I want
Around 35mph
I pedal a bit as a form of exercise
Lighter hub than the mxus that I have now

Doner bike is voodoo Canzo used for commuting

Also please could you recommend a good quality 1500w hub

Anybody have experience with 1500w kirbebike kits from cloudsto

UK based thanks for looking

Well, you are all set up to limit your max wattage to whatever you like. So you may as well run that, at least for now.

A very cheap experiment would be to get a typical 48v 1000w kit motor. (these weigh 15 pounds with rim and spokes) Those are usually a wind that goes 30 mph on 48v, and while its a mere 28mm wide magnet inside, and 500w rating, they easily handle 1500w more or less continous, provided the load is not extreme. Extreme load meaning grades are not above 10% for miles and miles, nor your weight above 250 pounds. If either of those apply, stick to what you have!!!!!!

To get 35 mph from the smaller DD motor at 1500w, you will need about 72v. Don't know what you run now, you haven't said. Or 2000w, and 60v would do similarly.

Since you have the experience to build an ebike, consider the option of selling your current ebike as a turn-key product, charger and all.

I'd tell potential buyers that you had a bike-mechanic friend put it together, and you dont know anything about it. Tell them you're selling because you want something lighter and not so powerful.

If it doesnt sell, then maybe buy the kit you want, swap it in, and you can take your time selling the old kit.

Sh*t bike to build high power on in the first place. Good frames alone are more expansive than this whole bike. You need it stiff and robust. Fishtailing crap frames may be good enough for moderate pedal power, sure not for a big hub. That is your problem IMO. You would have liked riding it if it was built on a suitable bike, and you won’t like it much better with lesser power.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I have tried to sell the whole kit bike battery's and chargers but got no interest maybe I was asking too much I have since just listed the hub controller and display put will probably end up just selling the mxus

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114347314974

I am have been running 96v but limiting it to 30amp to preserve my batteries

Even at 30amp it still has plenty of power more than I need and I feel like I am waiting efficiency pulling all that weight around and not using the motor to its full potential

How do the 1000w hubs compare in weight to the mxus 3k?

At madrhino. I do enjoy riding the bike I love it its been great and handles my weight with ease. Was just looking for something lighter and not as powerful. Sorry if this is not up your street

sounds very similar to Vortecks bike.
if it is you need to get creative to fit a battery

what range do you want?

i run a hs3540 upto 3500 watts and a mxus xf40 at 2500 watts
i was thinking of getting another xf40 to lighten the rear a little bit on my full suspension

grins out of stock but theres 3 different windings

https://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/motors/direct-drive/mx3005rc.html

If all you want is 35mph then your current 96v is unnecessarily excessive. You could probably reconfigure your pack to cut that voltage in half, still have more than enough to exceed your speed goals, and doube your range. Fewer cells in series, more in parallel. Won't change the weight, but it's an ebike, weight weenies need not apply.

Yes like vortecks bike. I did get creative for the battery got plenty room see link

Yes I know 96v is excessive for 35mph but I am just letting you know what I was running

I built the bike 2 years ago and it was all about power then but now things are different hence the change.
Done over 2000 miles on the bike

Yes I am going to reconfigure my packs to half the voltage and hopefully increase range

e-bikeling has a 1500w system that (I've heard) is very similar to the Leaf. Should be lighter than yours and capable of 35 mph at 52V. Alternately, as mentioned above, inexpensive 1000w systems can also achieve your requirements. However, if you can't sell the MX, might be feasible to just keep it unless you have a pressing need for less weight (live in a second story apartment etc).

Yes thanks for all the suggestions guys I am leaning towards just keeping the mxus and reconfigure my packs

But also hearing Alot about the leaf motor so might pick up one of those

Thanks for your help guys

For 35 mph continuous, I'd go with a Leaf 4T in a 24" or 26" wheel and 72v...that should just about be as light as possible and still be able to maintain 35 mph without over heating.

Run your potential set up through the Grin Tech Motor Simulator to check the speeds and you can substitute the RH212 motor in the drop down menu to get a reasonable idea on your stead state temperatures.

Back