Need help troubleshooting 13s new build

destro23

1 W
I just picked up new samsung 30Q's they were all the same voltage out of the box.
I created a 13s4p 48v battery with a 14 wire 13s bms.
After 3 rides the bms cut out on me. It turns out -1 was 3.22 and the other cells were all 4.07
I pulled the first (-1) 4p pack off and all the spot welds were solid as i pulled them off. I placed all 4 into a litto kala 500 and ran a full discharge test on them and charged them back up.. then drained them to match the pack at 4.07. They sat for a day at 4.07 none of them drained unusually and none got hot during the test.

I pulled the old bms because i did see i was a little tight on the black -1 wire coming out of the sense harness. So I install a new bms and rewire it all up. black sense to -1 and then the first red wire next to that to +1 then +2 etc.

I have 4.07v when i manually check all rows
i get 52.9 when i touch -1 to +13
i get 51.7 when i touch the xt90 power
i get 51.3 when i touch the xt60 charger
i plug it into my hub and nothing happens... I then plug in my old battery and it lights the hub power right up.

any ideas on what i'm missing? do i need to reset the bms somehow? I have a few more BMS's on the way just in case. i'm just not sure what else i can try. did the bms trip when i reattached the -1 4p cells back to it? i don't think i shorted it in any way.

Thanks for any help

have you tried to use a jumper wire from b- to p- to bypass the bms? I don't know what im talking about but if it was me that is what I would try to see if the bms was no good. might want to wait til someone else says yes or no to that.

Back