New Bafang, Shenzen needs life

SoSauty

1 kW
Really hope you can help me, e-bike is my transportation. Killed my trusty old C-lyte (crashed) :cry: But a chance to get out the new Bafang, lace 'er up (can you see the spoke pattern) and wire in the Shenzen Sucteam. Many wiring permutations later, dead, nada, no motion, ect. .
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/SoSauty/Shenzen.jpg
You may be able to see the wiring. I referred to the 1st thread about 'controller wiring.' Right now its,

Motor to Controller

Phase
B :arrow: B
Y :arrow: G
G :arrow: Y

Hall
B :arrow: B
Y :arrow: G
G :arrow: Y

What's the remark "reverse jumper open" about? Should I take out the 3 little screws on the side of the Shenzen and see about the a reverse jumper? I don't use a key wiring harness setup. Could the little red wire with the large power wires be keeping this from working?

from the grammar, i would assume they mean that the jumper that allows you to invoke reverse, is open, or inactive. so it should be a no op. unless you wanna have back up, but then you will need the back up alarm kit, goes beep, beep, beep. osha standards.

Ian, I posted, then headed out for Chinese Crispy Duck. After dinner fortune cookie, "Ask friends and there will be answers." Came home, read your response, excitedly hooked little red wire to big red wire and Bafang came to life :!:

Did see a 63V cap in the Shenzen controller when I had the end plate off. JR's web site stated 36V20amp, but think I'll try 48V batt.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, did I say Thank you!!

(Laced hub on New Years' Day, spokes were too long; tried cross 4 pattern and got it to work :shock: )

Hello, Bafang motor connect to my controller wiring :
Motor controller
B Y
G G
Y B

Hall
B Y
G G
Y B

Thank you.

Yes ... small red wire is the "ignition wire" and turns the controller on (typically used for key switch).

Also check the no-load current draw. It should be very low at about 1 amp WOT.
Keywin's colors might be right.

You just might have the WRONG phase hall combo even with forward rotation.
Play it safe and check all 36 combinations while ALSO measuring no-load current.

Tip: use a 5 amp fuse during no-load testing for added safety.

Hey Knuckles, it's up and running. I'm very pleased with the little Bafang, quieter and smoother than other threads led me to believe. Hits about 20mph with the 36V 20amp Shenzen controller and 48V batt. Just what the Doc ordered since I broke a rib and was knocked cuo kuo this last crash. I don't need big speed or another concussion. But, how would I check the amp draw? Do I use a multi-meter? Could you please explain this basic task, thanks.

Yes ... Use your multimeter to measure the amps. Only for a no-load test (wheel off the ground).
Most meters can do 10 amps. The multimeter goes inline with the main battery positive line.

Sounds like you are happy now with the "blue-blue switch the other two" wiring rule. May not even be necessary to test any further.
You can also just keep checking your controller and motor temp (by hand) during some more rides.

A cool motor and cool controller (at a fair speed) is also an indication of correct wiring.

Since Keywin suggested a different wiring scheme (green-green) I just thought you might want to triple check.

Anyway ... Sounds like you are set.

Enjoy! :D

Back