new BBS02 bike does a wheelie when throttle barely touched

john5247

1 µW
Hi everyone. I'm disabled and don't intend to pedal very much. My new BBS02 trike does a wheelie when the thumb throttle is barely touched - from from a standstill. I've got the USB cable and software. Can anyone suggest the best settings on the Bafang software to tame this? I just need a gentler start! Many thanks, John, Manchester UK

Hi everyone. I'm disabled and don't intend to pedal very much. My new BBS02 trike does a wheelie when the thumb throttle is barely touched - from from a standstill. I've got the USB cable and software. Can anyone suggest the best settings on the Bafang software to tame this? I just need a gentler start! Many thanks, John, Manchester UK
What gear are you in at startup?

Depending on the system gearing, shifting to a different one may help.

What were the results in your highest gear vs the lowest?

Do you ever use all of your gears? If not, changing the gearing of the drivetrain is another option if you aren't using part of the range, to prevent the problem by moving the range over.

What settings do you already have in your system? Then we can eliminate any that are already setup for lowest startup torque.

Hello everyone.
I put a BBS02 750 on a tricycle - new build. I'm disabled and will not do much pedalling.
THe throttle is acting like an on / off switch. The power comes on suddenly and the trike does a wheelie.
When I lift the trike off the ground the speed of the wheel varies with the throttle. It is just the initial power
is sudden and too much.
Any suggestions would be welcome. THe trike has a Shimano 7 speed cassette and it is in the lowest gear.
Is the throttle faulty? Or can this be fixed in software?

Many thanks John

Back