NEW HALL EFFECT SENSORS

martinladds

10 µW
Hello we live in Holland so sorry if we wright some wrong words in English.... :oops:

So we have 2 wheels with CRYSTALYTE motors inside mounted in 2 bikes called Bakfietsen in Dutch. http//www.bakfiets.nl
Both motors stopt working because of rain water inside !
I cleaned everything inside and in both wheels replaced 6 new hall effect sensors.

Wanted to test the wheels but the motors won't work !! Toally nothing !!
When i put on the power i feel some resistants that's it ! But the motors will not turn at all !!!
Both the wheels the same problem !!!

Is there anybody here that can help me with this pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............... ?

Greetings, Martin

Hello,

When nothing is connected the wheel is turning normally (no resistants)
Only when i connect the controller and switch on the power the wheel gives a enormes resistants but will not run !!

only with the power on
with the power off the wheel turn smoothly

Is it possible to repair the controller and what is fried, or broken?

I mounted 3 new hall effect sensors in each wheel...
I connected all the black wires together , all the red wires together, blue on bleu,green on green, and yellow on yellow.
Did i do this correct ?

Ypedal is right, if the motor is hard to turn with the controller connected, something is wrong with the controller. If it's only difficult when the controller is on, perhaps one (or more) of the FET driver circuits is damaged? If it was difficult when off that would probably mean a FET. Do you have a multimeter that you can use to check the FETs?

yes only when the controller is turned on with 36v batt.
what is a FET? and yess i have a multimeter

If the controllers have an Anti Theft option switch or connector, perhaps that is engaged (due to moisture or corrosion?). That would make the wheel hard to turn when power is connected to the controller, but not when battery is disconnected.

It could also happen if the controller's FETs are damaged but not shorted, so that they are forced to turn on once power is applied, but not without power. The drivers (small transistors, usually) could also be damaged, causing the same thing.

Corrosion or moisture inside the controller coudl also do either of the above, only when powered.

Back