• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

new handmade e-bike from Italy

fk100extreme

1 µW
Hi everybody.
My name is Nik and I live in Italy.
Here you can find my new handmade e-mtb.
Ciao

ENGINE
I put a BBS1 350W 18Ah on my new bike. In In the original version it is too weak for an off road bike, so I removed the original software and put a new one without any restrictions, so I can reach also the max power ( 640 watt).
The original software is crazy for the off road use.
On my display I have 9 level : I set a specific power for any level .

BATTERY
36 V 14.5 Ah made with 50 rechargeable cells Li-Ion Samsung INR18650-29E 3.7V 2900 mAh / 3C

FRONT CHAINRING /COGSET
42T CNC chainring. Especially CNC machined to better cope with very steep tracks,
weigh 100 gr. less than than the original 46/48T and gives you higher cadence and better chain line.
Black Anodized Aluminium 7075 (Ergal).
I changed also the last cog of the gocset. I fixed a 42T.

FRAME
Handmade on my garage

Bravo Bravo!!!!
E benvenuto, Ormai potremmo formare un bel gruppo ES Italiano...
Proprio un bel telaio, il montaggio rovesciato è perfetto!!!!

We're all waiting for videos....

spyder-1024x710.jpgHi, thank you to everybody.
Here you can see my first e-bike . I calls it the “Spider Bike” and it is powered by a 500W Cyclone motor. With 500 watts you can easily use this bike as “an electric chair lift” .This bike does not use derailleurs, but instead uses in IGH (internal geared hub) transmission, the German made Rohloff.
The Spider E-bike has an electronic dashboard mounted on the handlebars and is throttled automatically via the highest quality torque sensor available which is built into the bottom bracket (THUN sensory BB-cartridges X-cell RT)
The bike has a 36 volt, 12-Ah, 432-WH, LiFePO4 Headway battery pack with a BMS. As you can see I took the time to elegantly package his cells and BMS.
I managed to mount both the battery and motor into the triangle. The bike uses freewheel crank arms, so that the bike freewheels like a regular bike when the motor is not engaged:
The controller is up top above the battery. Because the controller is only running 36V at 15A it is fairly small and should be ultra reliable even when climbing.
To finish off the look the battery box is cut in a web pattern.
I decide to make another bike for 2 reasons
1) reduce the noise ( cyclone is very noisy)
2) reduce the weigth . Spider 27 Kg, X-bike 22 kg

Attachments

• detail-729x1024.jpg
    detail-729x1024.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 4,846
  • battery-bay1.jpg
    battery-bay1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,541
  • spider am.JPG
    spider am.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,541
Lebowski said:
are you sure the cyclone is making the noise and it's not due to a crappy controller ?
Hi Lebowski, ......I am not sure if tthe noise depends from the cyclone (gear reduction) or the controller. can you help me about it. can i perform a test to solve this doubt?

sick bike! whats the power band like with that crazy cassette? ride it on street and off road? been reliable for you?

I am surprised that to this day, Cyclone/headway hasn't developed a helical-geared reduction, and a sine-wave controller. I remember 5 years ago, there were builders who said that they hate the noise, but they live where the hills are extremely steep, and the cyclone was the only drive that would survive it, since it was a mid drive. (there are many more choices now, of course)

Fantastic work. I like the engineering, looks very clean.

Do you know the weight of the bike?(Ready to Race :mrgreen: )

I like the frame very much, it was a very nicely work. my friend you could do a production for the frame and sell them here. if he drop out can be adjusted to 149mm or 150mm , or choose 135mm will be good product people will look for you. hopefully you can ship through out the world . so this frame can accept chromo motor or a cyclone motor, huge or a small one.

superb job, this bike is a pleasure to look at. It seems that you used the same swing arm for both bikes?

Keep up the great inspirational work!

Nik, that is a lovely custom BBS01 MTB you have made there!
Can you please post some more photos of it?

Some nice pics of the Spider here too http://www.extreme-mobility.it

Nice frame, looks light, puts BBS clear of damage, nice low/centre battery weight distribution.

I've ordered a BBS01 350w for a carbon fibre frame 29er MTB I already own. Am concerned mounting a frame battery to only 2 water bottle bolts in carbon fibre might be risky off road?
Can you give more info on software programming? I'd like max power for trails but legal for road. (200/250Pedelec). If it says BBS01 250W on motor I'm sure it won't be a problem on road.

Great Job!

I will enjoy seeing more of your handiwork, that is one of the better designs I have seen yet, even better that it was hand made! 8)

Super nice bike, way to go FK. How do you compare the IGH experience on your first bike to the setup you have now on the newer bike?

Don't think you will be getting any answers. Seems like a year and 6 months since he last time was logged on. And only has 3 posts.
Too bad really, as he did some banging work on both his bikes.

Back