New Nissan Leaf.. 50kw more power and 62kwhr battery

Punx0r said:
Seems like an opportunity for a third party to offer aftetlrmarket refurbished packs...

That's what I'm doing this autumn.

Hope to fit 35 kWh into it without confusing the computers too much.

:bigthumb:

Would be interested to know who you get on especially regarding any issues with the OE electronicals playing ball (or not)

LeftieBiker said:
The good news: replacement packs, whether done under warranty, or purchased by the owner, are now all "Lizard packs." The later packs will fit the early cars with an adapter kit. So cars with packs replaced after 2014 degrade only as fast as the 2015s, which is the best Nissan ever managed.

The REALLY BAD news: The cost for a new pack, installed is now up to...sit down... $8500. And that's with the mandatory trade in of the old pack.

I really hope this is true. He was telling me a Nissan stealership told him otherwise, that his car couldn't take the Lizard Battery. He'd definitely do that upgrade!

The Toecutter said:
LeftieBiker said:
The good news: replacement packs, whether done under warranty, or purchased by the owner, are now all "Lizard packs." The later packs will fit the early cars with an adapter kit. So cars with packs replaced after 2014 degrade only as fast as the 2015s, which is the best Nissan ever managed.

The REALLY BAD news: The cost for a new pack, installed is now up to...sit down... $8500. And that's with the mandatory trade in of the old pack.

I really hope this is true. He was telling me a Nissan stealership told him otherwise, that his car couldn't take the Lizard Battery. He'd definitely do that upgrade!

Tell him to find a dealership that has done a few warranty replacements. They will know about the adapter kit. If he has a 2011 with no battery heater, that requires either a second kit or a different adapter kit - I forget which. Nissan wasn't going to keep building the old, awful packs just for warranty replacements, so they made the kit in order to use one pack (Lizard) for all battery replacements.

Back