New To E-Bikes, Looking for Advice!

wesnewell said:
Even if you whole 1.2 miles were 4%, the cheap 48V 1000W hub motor I listed would not overheat before it got to the top. I've given you the cheapest most reliable option. It will not strain your bike s drive train like a BBS option will. Take it or leave it. It's your time and money.

I think Im leaning more to the hub motors you suggested, especially because of the budget the wife gave me...
In your link there is a dual front/rear hub motor kit for a few bucks more. Whats your opinion on going that route?

Also Update to the first post...

If you're talking about this, that's not for 2 motors. Just one. There's just a problem with the photo showing 2 motors.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-1000W-26-Front-Rear-Wheel-Electric-Bicycle-w-Tire-Motor-Conversion-Kit-/231981971291
And you don't need a dual motor setup. A single 48V 1000W motor will take 440 lbs up that hill at 20+ mph if you want to go that fast up it. In fact it could go up an endless grade like that without overheating.
The difference between the cheaper motor kit and the newer one is that the newer one (which cost more) is disk brake ready with newer covers, Other than that, they are the same motor rated at the same rpm. So if you have rear disk brakes, or think you might in the future, get the newer one.

Front hub motors fit the front fork dropouts 110mm space. Rear hub motors fit the rear dropouts 135mm space and take a freewheel.

Back