Newbie build -- please look over my component choices.

WTN said:
Those specs on the headway 15ah battery are wrong. They have a max continuous discharge of 3C - all of the headways are 3C. So max continuous in 45 amps. Which would be fine - nothing wrong there. Why do they state 150 amps max continuous. It should say 150 amps maximum 45 amps continuous.

WTN
i dont know about your exp with the headway cells but i find them fine at 10c
mabe the older ones were lower current rated but at 10c they barly get warm (i am using the 10ah cells myself and dont realy know about the 15 ah)

dogman said:
Depends on whether you are talking specified c rates, or what you can get out of em and they last c rates. I just routinely cut any specified c rate in half for pracitcal calulations.

Anyway, my point is, you might start the ride with a great c rate, but if you discharge the battery low enough, you can cut that c rate in half, or even a lot more towards the end of the ride.

Don't go thinking your headways will like that last mile if you pull a big controller.

i8 have to agree with you here dogman
i dont pull large on my batteries past 60-70% dod as the voltage will sag past the batteries min voltage and after some hard learning exp with a doc pack and no bms last winter i have learned my lesson

although it still dosnt hurt having a grosly overrated c rating on a batery for this verry same reson

can headways sustain 10c? ill have to say yes as they sag less then the makita packs do at 5c

should you drop said c rating for dod temperature and other variables? i find this also true

if you get a 3c battery and discharge at 2 will it be ok>? again yes but not for the last 20-40% of the cell as they will prematurly age if brought below their minimum voltage durring use(from what i have seen in my own travles)

btw
i think the reason i went with 10 ah cells instead of 15 is the c rating is higher on the 10ah
that being said it was higher still on the 8ah cells but i could not justify the price/weight gain for the increase in proformance
i am now bursting 5 c and running a solid 3c contuinueus on thease cells but i have ran 15c burst 10c continueus in the past for testing, thrills, excitement etc

Back