newbie question: Julet connectors

perique

1 µW
Hi all. Asking for insight on Julet connectors. In the image below, both connectors are marked at "Julet". The one on the left matches online specs (female connector - 5.9mm diameter). The one on the right is on a bike from Blix, and it seems like a half millimeter too small in diameter (5.4mm diameter). When I asked Blix about it, they mentioned that any adding of additional lights to this bike would require splicing.

Anyone know if there are different types or generations of Julet connector design, or by chance would the smaller connector be vendor specific? I am wondering if I do indeed need to splice the line to add a rear light.

Thank you!

julet.png

Like Molex there can be any number of pitch sized connectors made, your case its generic random "china" connectors made enmass (perhaps a sloppy counterfeit job)

Ideally you would just get rid of the Julet's and use regular, normally available connectors from your electronics/wire/commercial retailer who sells to commercial outfits but also sells to the public or find a local rc shop for bullet connectors, xt's, anderson pp's, rather then having to wait days or even a week or longer when ordering on ebay or amazon for some random, generic connector that may or may not fit due to the sellers inability to properly describe their product in the details section.

The good news is, 3 wires per connector. If its a battery or even to a certain extent a controller (capacitors still have juice in them), just dont go ahead and snip all at once, take the insulator material off first and snip each wire individually. You can roll the dice on the controller if your feeling lazy, but the battery up to you.

The power for the tail light will come from where ? Reason that I ask is that this has been done before , with results that cause circuit failure. In other words , for example , lights have been added to the controller light supply plug that required more current than the circuit was designed for .

Thank you calab and aroundqube. I can measure current/wattage and will not overload the circuit. I will look at soldering up a proper solution and not spend time finding appropriate connectors. I appreciate your input.

Note that Julet and Higo connectors are dimensionally identical and more or less compatible.

Yes there are two versions of the Higo / Juliet connector.

There is a standard Higo / Julet and then there is a Higo / Julet Mini connector which has been available for a short while now and it is just slightly smaller than the standard version.

I’ve never personally compared the diameter of these connectors, but I know of their existence from seeing both versions advertised on Aliexpress.

I can’t definitely confirm if the Bliz connector you have will be dimensionally the same as the Higo Mini connector, but I’d certainly try ordering one from Ali to give it a go.

Edit to include pictures and links

Julet GEN 1 connector
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026946546.html

Julet-Connector-Gen1.jpg

Julet GEN 2 connector
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002219567583.html

Julet-Connector-Gen2.jpg

Thanks,
Oli.

Back