Nishi 18650 pack building kit

Hello all, i would like to share my experience with this kit. First of all the shipping was very bad. The box arrived quite damaged from outside. Later on when i tried to fit cells into these holders it was abnormally tight. Still i managed to shove it in with a mallet using extreme force. But when i tried to remove the batteries from the holder the plastic covering which protects the battery came off. Now thus is unacceptable as everyone knows the terminals are so close by on the positive end of the battery. A potential hazard as any uncontrolled short circuit can cause the battery pack to explode. Upon contacting the company with a technical video regarding the cause of the problem. They refused to accept that their product was in any way flawed. This just portrays gross arrogance on their part. I have attached a link to my video. Although it is in hindi. You will get the gist of it. The problem is the internal diameter of the holders which according to my measurements was atleast 4-5 mm less than 18.3 mm. The standard diameter of 18650 battery. So i would definitely not recommend it.IMG_20201129_134127~2.jpg

That's pretty unfortunate. It's better that something is tighter than looser though.. because you can at least hit it with some sandpaper and start shaving off 0.1mm at a time and end up with a very perfect fit.

I still think the N.E.S.E is where it's at.. there's much less flex, exposed interconnections, and individual parts in the assembly. It's just so much more electrically/mechanically solid.. and the designer continually makes little improvements until it is perfect.

Back