• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Nothing new, Just happy with my board!

Rosco

1 mW
Gday folks

Just rode my board to work and back (30 K round trip) off a 20A 6S pack.

Took about 2 hours altogether, picking up board, walking across traffic lights, avoiding crazy drivers/ pedestrians etc. Not feasible as a work transport vehicle sadly.

But I have so much bloody fun on this thing and I'd like to thank the community for getting me from a crappy chinese board to the redrock im currently enjoying.

Does anyone else's calf muscles get sore from a static position for so long?

You'll get used to using those muscles. Also, remember you don't have to stay in a static position as there are many movements you can make to leverage turns and counter balance.

Wish I could say the same about my Eboard :cry: as it's a game of patience with me and getting just the right parts together :wink: . I "jones" every time you folks mention your daily skate rides. I'm thinking early/mid summer I'll be "locked in" :twisted: .

As far as leg fatigue, try stretches pre-ride. Also, switching stances (regular vs goofy) may give some relief as your transferring dominant pressure between the two legs. :idea:

Awesome! post some pics of your build.

And yeah, your legs do get sore a bit if you keep them really tense. I find getting off and standing normally for a few minutes helps and/or just relaxing the muscles. I suppose eventually you'll get use to it. I am somewhat use to it but a 10 mile ride will still get my legs tired a bit. Although, not as bad as kicking :mrgreen:

agree with torque...
we eboarders are wusses.. LOL
cant fathom kicking my daily 20 km route :shock:

beto_pty said:
agree with torque...
we eboarders are wusses.. LOL
cant fathom kicking my daily 20 km route :shock:

Lol.. sucks when I forget to charge a battery or run out of a juice or the board randomly stops working and no time to fix it. Kicking with the extra resistance is deadly. The roll is pretty bad but that's only because my belt tension is fairly tight to prevent cogging uphill/downhill. I usually take the belt off and then kick or slightly loosen them but yeah the legs are definitely not use to it LOL!!! When I get to the uphill OMG! Forget it, there's a few times I've taken the bus back to work because I was like no way I'm climbing/walking up that hill lol..

It's definitely amazing how much distance we can cover with this eboards. I'd want an ebike as it's much easier to bike 20 miles than kick 20 miles --- but it's definitely a lot harder to transport as it's too big for public transportation... I've recently been looking at some of those bamboo bikes though :) eventually I'll make one electric lol if it's lightweight enough.

I find that getting off your board and walking a few feet helps the legs not hurt as much while riding.

Back