Novice batt builder question

Good info, So Cal native but now reside in TX.

Im ditching the Vruzend idea, just too many people have had issues with them.

When u can if you can text me pics of your build 940.206.9363, very interested. Thank for the info on the batt supplier, im going to look at what they got. Going spot welder as well.

Got it :thumb:

Batteries ordered yesterday after multiple emails with the vender. He says 3-8 weeks for delivery due to luck :wink:

K-Weld US seller just got his supply in the other day from Germany, so might be worth a look.

Good luck with your build and I'll keep you in the loop.

For cells I was going to try IMR .Its in Texas I would get the Samsung 30q 15amp cell 3,000mah. What's your controllers amp demands ? How about more information on your ride ? Look around for old laptop battery packs you can take my apart and test welding with your new welder on use cells

999zip999 said:
For cells I was going to try IMR .Its in Texas I would get the Samsung 30q 15amp cell 3,000mah. What's your controllers amp demands ? How about more information on your ride ? Look around for old laptop battery packs you can take my apart and test welding with your new welder on use cells
Stock batt rated at 35a, not sure about controller, ill find out. What do you guys use to post pics here, its a pain have to resize and use this forums uploader

I know this isnt best way to share a pic, but here is stock batt, does the smaller lead look like a bms lead? I was thinking of opening battery and just adding a few more parallel packs to get the range I was but its so beautifully packaged and maybe I can resell for a few hundred later on
https://flic.kr/p/SSZYR9

How much more room do you have in your battery box ? And how many cells do you have in parallel now ? Or how many ah is it. As I would run a Samsung 25r cell 16s 2p or 3p ? Need to over match capacity a little as the cells are 20amp or you need to match the capacity or more is batter for the little pack. these depends on the cells being used. Probity no more then 8amp cells ? guessing

It already has a 16s4p - or that's what I'm guessing since its rated at 13ah. Stock batt is 11x6x4 and ive got 12.5x10x4 to play with. Based on my new calculations I would be able to get 12-13s in there if I hot glue the cells. I might sacrifice some ah and go with cell blocks so i can get some cooling between the cells

What I meant by the 16 s 2p pack if you can fit that many cells ( 32 ) in your battery box you can parallel the two packs for more ah.

Back