Offering paid consultation to help select components

I would like to hire someone active in this forum with experience to help match all the components to upgrade my scooter...battery dimension is limited to roughly 444.5mm Long x 171.45mm Wide x 45.72mm Height, looking for more range, temperature option on display, not having to walk scooter home, etc. I want to replace the display, battery, controller, and the hub motor. It's a fat tire scooter and I've always had issues with the battery randomly powering off while riding, and the power will stay off until plugged into the charger (had to walk it home four different times). My guess is the battery has always been faulty (cells, bms, who knows) and will probably get worse over time. I will most likely need a custom built battery due to deck area, so that opens up a lot of questions and would prefer to consult with someone more experienced to help select compatible components.

Upgrade Scooter - Which scooter is it?
physical size restriction battery
more range
temp display, voltage display
generic for replacement value
fat tire scooter (of unknown size dia or width), still unknown name of scooter maybe in an updated post the op will say the name of the scooter.
issues batt pwr off while riding is loose conneciton, look at connectors, look at wires rubbing, arcing, black marks on cable route, does cable go through a hole with no rubber grommet?
change battery bms or go bms-less or get new battery. custom to fit your dimensions, where you will ask? I dont know.
yes will get worse, cold reduces range for batteries, makes it worse for old batteries in the winter cold, be careful.
yes custom built by you most likely, diy pressure fit, diy tab welder, diy hack solder job, tool batteries is a great option, lipo bricks is probably best for dimension requirements. Hobbyking is a good source but do test them when you recieve them as hobby king is good for returns if you test and have proof of test, read IceCube57's posts on here, he tests them. LiGo's could have been an option for batteries but I believe they are no longer for sale, sorry about the ramblings.

That's a bit excessive, no? I'm sure the hub motor is fine, unless you need way more power and or speed.
I'm willing to consult/help if you like.
I'd love to keep it simple. I feel like the battery is faulty (unless I'm just too heavy) and a new one costs $1,000...so I was thinking a custom built battery might be less expensive and make it easier in the future to replace (but that means new controller). Then if I'm doing a new battery and controller, an option on the display to see the battery temperature would be nice. Being a bigger guy (250 lbs), I was thinking the current hub motor (48v 1200w) might be struggling and over drawing the battery. I basically wanted to upgrade everything in hopes of avoiding the random battery cut offs that force me to walk the scooter home so often. Of course, as I'm explaining this to you...it does feel excessive, haha. Just want to ride it without worrying if it'll cut off at any minute. I mean, even the battery repair co that the manufacturer suggested isn't sure if they know how to repair the battery which didn't give me confidence and is why I was thinking to gut everything.

If you just want to make it more reliable and maybe a tad more powerful, then I'd go for these components:

48V smart BMS with integrated Bluetooth https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005380829050.html
Display which connects to the BMS, it shows temp, voltage and current.
You may have to ask the seller for the wire that connects the BMS with the display.

For the controller, I would pick this one, as it can run without hall sensors, just in case.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1874826753.html the 1500W version with whatever display you like.

Battery is going to be difficult because of the height constraint.:unsure:

Are you cool if I send you a direct message? I want to show you the battery / place I found who can make it to fit the dimensions (and type of cells) and was hoping to get your opinion. I also don't want to ask a bunch of questions (some generic) without compensating you and we could work that out. I don't think I have any complex questions but dealing with batteries, etc, I'd like to get things right.

Sure, you can write me anytime.
Just be aware of the time zone difference, my clock is 6 hours ahead.

Back