• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Paradigm Systems: The Gateway to the Electric Revolution..

The reason I wrote what I wrote was because I realize how hard it is to create anything ebike related. You probably need to have a lot of electrical engineering and like was said here programing experience. To do other useful stuff it would help to have milling and machining experience. The way you were talking I thought you had some decent experience in these areas.

What I found was that you really have no idea just how complicated this stuff is. Even with me building my ebikes, it took a couple of years to get a full understanding of just how all the components work together. I'm not even talking about creating any of these components which would be very complicated.

I read the posts here where people discuss some of the complexities of these things and it's like a foreign language to me when they start writing math formulas and what not.

Then you start writing about how busy you are, the new jobs you want to take on, and now fighting an illness. To build any of these things would require you to pretty much work full time on it.

Take a look at Justin who designed the cycle analyst building a simple charger called the Cycle Satiator in the following link. Look at the team of people he has working on it and the fact that they committed themselves 3 years to do the job.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60169&p=899424

I honestly think you have no idea about just what all this ebike stuff entails. And how could you when you never even built a simple kit one yet.

QuestionMan said:
The reason I wrote what I wrote was because I realize how hard it is to create anything ebike related. You probably need to have a lot of electrical engineering and like was said here programing experience. To do other useful stuff it would help to have milling and machining experience. The way you were talking I thought you had some decent experience in these areas.

What I found was that you really have no idea just how complicated this stuff is. Even with me building my ebikes, it took a couple of years to get a full understanding of just how all the components work together. I'm not even talking about creating any of these components which would be very complicated.

I read the posts here where people discuss some of the complexities of these things and it's like a foreign language to me when they start writing math formulas and what not.

Then you start writing about how busy you are, the new jobs you want to take on, and now fighting an illness. To build any of these things would require you to pretty much work full time on it.

Take a look at Justin who designed the cycle analyst building a simple charger called the Cycle Satiator in the following link. Look at the team of people he has working on it and the fact that they committed themselves 3 years to do the job.

I honestly think you have no idea about just what all this ebike stuff entails. And how could you when you never even built a simple kit one yet.

Why start simple, that's beneath him. He has a grand vision and superior skill set.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61344&p=928376#p928376
He shouldn't have any problems though, as we all no how simple it is to integrate RC motors to mid drive ebikes.
With his skill set we will all have $300, 6kw, RC motored, mid drive ebikes in about a year, according to his timeline.
Excuse me if I don't hold my breathe.

I posted in the beginning with a very light comment about how I feel you are being very ambitious.

Now, 3 pages later, I see who you are.

Your grammatical ability leaves much to desire,
Your "chest" extends much further into a room than your handshake,
and you have a knack for baseless self-promotion

You'll never get anywhere, here OR 'out there'

For all I know, you don't even have a bike. And you DARE call Brentis a troll in that other thread. You only seeked that thread out to TROLL his ass. :roll:

Any one remember this guy when he showed up here?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17388

looks like the same situation developing from here.....lets just try to fault on the side of civility.

I'll give one point for posting in the correct section of the forum....the rest will unfold on its natural course.

(I will deduct points for the disturbing avatar change :? )

What about that HPC Revolution. It's still not available, I guess those guys realize just how hard it is to build a quality frame.

Honestly, I feel bad about what I posted here because maybe Paradigm had good intentions. It was also nice to see the enthusiasm he had.

I think you're being a little hard on mdd. I thought he had a pretty cool head through that. Paradigm could learn from that, if only he was opening to learning instead of insisting he's already got it down pat.

So the mention of Colossus in that thread: Hey, here's the current equivilent. http://www.revolt.org.il/rv-120/ He could sure get people interested in his project if he was developing something with one of those.

This is honestly what I would like to see in ebikes.

Water cooled high powered hub motors. The cromotor that I use overheats way too quickly and I have stop often to let the motor cool off.

I think some people have made custom water cooled motors but they are very rare.

As battery capacity increases this becomes even more important.

The other thing is rear suspension components that are built to take the weight of the heavy hubmotor wheels. Specifically the rear shock. I think stealth bikes may have modified a shock to help with the rebound because of the heavy rear wheels. The problem is the suspension components we use on our bikes are not made to be used with a 20+lbs motor.

That was 10 wasted minutes I'll never get back. I should have gone to the facebook page first and read,

"This page hasn't even been up for 24 hours and I got an auto request to post an add for a product called 'Cycle Analyst'. The lack luster inferiority of that product is what set me down the road to make something better, while on the journey I realized it would be selfish to keep what I was building all to myself."

QuestionMan said:

Check out what he things of Justins CA. He said this on his facebook page."This page hasn't even been up for 24 hours and I got an auto request to post an add for a product called 'Cycle Analyst'. The lack luster inferiority of that product is what set me down the road to make something better, while on the journey I realized it would be selfish to keep what I was building all to myself".

Back