Personal Vendettas

Status
Not open for further replies.
fechter said:
The topic has been discussed lately by the moderator crew and we're not going to let it slide. We're all just busy with other things and takes a while to get to it.

The rules state:
3. Posts, topics, reply, or profiles which go beyond simple expression of opinion and edge toward unfounded accusations will be removed. Repeated problems with a user will result in account termination. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't take it too far.

DON'T post abusive, inflammatory, or threatening messages

DON'T post messages for the sole purpose of attacking a person or company or just to start an argument

Clearly there have been some violations of these.

Just want to clarify whether my signature breaches these rules. My "accusations" aren't unfounded and I can provide photographic evidence as well as a Paypal decision in my favour Clearly the second part is an opinion and can't be backed up!

I used to hate vendor bashing because most often they were complaints about lack of reply, or subjective quality issues. However, from my most recent experience, I can see why some people do get very worked up.

I have respect for Ron, spinningmagnets, and have benefited in the past from his insight and expertise. However, he has a business arrangement with Luna and this is not made clear, IMO that should be in his sig line, as I have seen others do.

Dear Nelson37, I want to thank you for being one of the more bright spots in my morning today. This comment cheered me up immensely. I had previously spelled out (in my sig) that Eric own electricbike.com and that I write for electricbike.com, and then...I was asked to remove that because it was blatantly advertising for Luna.

I wrote for electribike.com for free for about three years, while Eric owned two businesses that had absolutely nothing to do with electric bikes or parts for them. It was fun, and still is. After Luna was formed in July of 2015 (year and a half ago), Eric began paying per story, as he has paid Dogman and Kingfish for stories that they have written. There are also other ES members whom I have split the pay with when they have consulted on a story where I needed more information, and I felt an article was needed on that subject. Am I a shill for Luna? I am content for the casual observer to make their own conclusion. Any article written by Eric is clearly labeled as such. Here is a sample of the most recent articles I have written for electricbike.com

Polini mid drive from Italy https://www.electricbike.com/polini-e-p3-mid-drive-dual-chainrings-and-isis-cranks/
Devens custom Norco Revolt https://www.electricbike.com/devens-norco-revolt/
Motor Tech part-2 https://www.electricbike.com/motor-tech-part-2/
Evel from Ukraine develops an attracyive fatbike https://www.electricbike.com/evel-from-ukraine-develops-an-attractive-fatbike/
12 Accessories for your ebike https://www.electricbike.com/12-accessories/
Bens custom Big Hit https://www.electricbike.com/bens-big-hit-lightning-rods/
My rechargeable Lithium powered life https://www.electricbike.com/my-rechargeable-lithium-powered-life/

It's true that Eric occasionally writes articles that promote Luna, but they are clearly labeled as written by him, not me. So...what say the judges? shall I insert electricbike.com back into my sig? in order to clear up how I was hiding this nefarious association with Luna?

When Luna became a business, I took it upon myself to ask the moderation board if it would be better for me to resign as a moderator, and I was specifically asked to stay on.

I believe Spinningmagnets is sincere in his desire to promote Ebikes and the ES community, and I think he has been unnecessarily dragged into this discussion. I think he does a fine job as moderator of this forum, and I am sure it is difficult at times.

Sometimes it's not what you say, but the way you say it. :wink:

Sunder said:
Just want to clarify whether my signature breaches these rules. My "accusations" aren't unfounded and I can provide photographic evidence as well as a Paypal decision in my favour Clearly the second part is an opinion and can't be backed up!

I used to hate vendor bashing because most often they were complaints about lack of reply, or subjective quality issues. However, from my most recent experience, I can see why some people do get very worked up.

No. I assume it's a statement of fact.
I have not received any complaints about it either.

A simple "search user posts" of spinningmagnets will turn up all the times I defended and promoted em3ev and Grin tech...and yet I am not accused of being a shill for them. I hereby publicly state that I have bought and currently own products from em3ev and Grin tech. So far none of those components have disappointed me. Am I angry at these accusations?...I am amused.

The only way to avoid having a small percentage of anonymous internet posters argue with you...is to never say anything. I've been here since 2009, so...keep typing, bro. Eric didn't ask me to look at any thread or post. Of course...he didn't need to, I scan most of the threads posted here at least twice a day, and I nuke spam before you even wake up in the morning.

[edit] Hey, Nelson37, I added that I get paid by Eric (to my sig...see below), but I left in the link. You know...since it's OK for dozens of ES posters to have ebike.ca / Grin tech in their sig? I like that SamD has Ballarat Cycles in his sig. Thanks, Nelson...for helping us re-establish that precedent. I just did a search of em3ev and I got 258 PAGES of links. I am happy those links are here.

I doubt much anyone questions Mr. Magnets, Dogman, etc. Nothing wrong with Sunders statement of facts. Usually when someone is looking for the minute opportunity to complain, they have slippery footing of their own. To paraphrase the Magnet quote, the only way to avoid the slightest potential for conflict of interest is to just not do anything with yourself. If people here were less valuable to the outside world, would you really consider them a more valuable source?

It seems unbelievable that the mods would allow a continuance of spewing up rancor without making substantive statements. If everybody stops reading these posts like I'm doing from now on, he'll go away. Creepy behavior likes to be noticed; let him poison some other site.

wow i posted about luna's new hub motor and said vote with your checkbook if you do not like it and it;s gone. sad state of affair"s . guess this site is bias afer all. good luck.

Did not mean to insult anyone. just said if you do not like a product vote with your checkbook and buy from someone else, do not understand how that would offend anyone. sorry if you all are so sensitive.

I thought this was a place where opinion"s and idea"s were discussed but i guess i was mistaken. It was not my intention to start some kind of flame war. Just a free range of opinion"s. Buy whatever you want as i do not care. Let"s all agree to disagree and move on. We are all adult"s right?.

Ok we need MORE vendors MORE competition Eric has supplied competition and Push for higher limits of battery packs and naming the brand of cells used after cellman has first and is a great step forward. Thank you Paul (cellman) No more secrets of cells in my battery pack. I can't go with your wippy multi cell packs of 120 cells inner connections multiple points of failure with each connection. I use 24 A123 20ah cells 80v 20ah and looking at westart grephene 20ah cells @ 200 amps per cell 20s 80v plus
We need to go forward. I mean dogman brought the first Ping ever. Let's go forward not low. Cheeseballs.

Everyone with moderator status is well aware of fine line, nobody in the group is taking unfair advantage of it, in any significant or meaningful way... plenty of checks and balances to go around.

Hey, i been there, still am but not posting about it for exactly the above reasons, when i'm forced to keep my findings and testing results to myself, in order to avoid forum drama... you all loose. i been thru the cammyCC and the Falcons and the lifebut and the list goes on.. and on... and on..... but .. oh crap.. where was i going with this ?.. don't remember.. posting it anyways.

cheer up everyone.. more important things to worry about out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back