Ping batteries "buy it now" on ebay (w/ 30% cash back)

Tom

1 kW
Just an FYI... Ping has put up a few batteries on ebay with a "buy it now" option so that folks can get the live.com 30% cash back on purchases (see this thread if you are not familiar with the cash back promotion).

http://stores.ebay.com/PingBattery

There are currently 5 available of the 48v/20ah for $770 shipped - 30% (max $200) cash back = $570.

There were 5 available of the 36v/20ah for $614 shipped - $30% cash back = $430. Only 4 available now that I got one. :D

This is a great price after cash back from one of the few credible ebay sellers.

Hey Tom! I dont see the cashback offer on Ebay for Ping! It doesn't come up on Search.Live either. How do we know Microsoft will refund the $200?
otherDoc

I couldn't get it to work either :cry: :cry: :cry:

I tried with IE6 and Chrome. If you type in scooter bike battery to live.com it will take you to a ebay cashback link. After clicking on that you get sent to a ebay search result page that has the ping batteries listed. But when I hit the buy it now button and then the pay button, the discount doesn't show up. Even if after I sign in to paypal and try to pay, I still don't see any discount. I am linked to paypal through ebay.

Any suggestions?

Nick

Go to live.com and enter "cheap battery". It shows me a 30% off ebay link. Click on the link which will take you to ebay. There should be a 30% off icon at the top of your screen on ebay. Search for "ping battery" and pull up the battery you want to buy. Click on the "buy it now" button and it will indicate the cash back. On the next screen it will have a button to pre-pay for the battery at paypal. When you pay at paypal it should also show you the cash back you will get. You get the cash back in 60 days.

If this doesn't work, or you don't see the cash back on the screens, stop, clear all your browser cookies, close your browser, and start over.

P.S. to ensure you get the cash back make sure you also sign up for a live.com account (you already have one if you have a hotmail account) and link the cashback account to your paypal email.

OK guys, sorry, looks like ebay is having problems right now. Sometimes the banner shows up, sometimes it doesn't. It seems to be intermittent. If you don't see the cash back banner at the top of your screen at ebay, clear your browser cookies, close your browser, and try again. I've seen this happen before on weekends. You might have to wait a bit for the traffic jam to die down.

Tom said:
Go to live.com and enter "cheap battery". It shows me a 30% off ebay link. Click on the link which will take you to ebay. There should be a 30% off icon at the top of your screen on ebay. Search for "ping battery" and pull up the battery you want to buy. Click on the "buy it now" button and it will indicate the cash back. On the next screen it will have a button to pre-pay for the battery at paypal. When you pay at paypal it should also show you the cash back you will get. You get the cash back in 60 days.

If this doesn't work, or you don't see the cash back on the screens, stop, clear all your browser cookies, close your browser, and start over.

P.S. to ensure you get the cash back make sure you also sign up for a live.com account (you already have one if you have a hotmail account) and link the cashback account to your paypal email.

hmm, i dont even get the offer on my browser. im using firefox, but it shouldnt make a difference. did i miss the boat? still the 18th..

i need a battery aswell, im online for another few hours if anyone can help.

:D :D :D :D Happy days! :D :D :D

It just worked for me! $200 off of a 48v/20Ah ping battery. $570 total.

Make sure you have an Windows live acct. and are logged in to it when you do the search. I used "electric scooter battery". When it sends you back to ebay, refine your search to: newly listed as the auction still has 9days+ before it expires.

I must have tried 10 times before it worked. I think it was down for awhile.

Nick

BTW... only 4 - 48V/20Ah left now. :mrgreen:

i almost did not bother reading this topic knowing that ping discontinued the bin option because of the bin attacks where someone would close the items and not pay.

but now that ping enabled buy it now i took a closer look.

Ping requires pre-payment on buy it now auctions so that is probably how he's protecting himself. I noticed there is only one 36v left so good to see folks are taking advantage of the cash back offer.

Well I just did it too! I broke down and bought a 48 volt 20 ah from the man himself! My wife made me do it after hearing about the money back from Microsoft. I hope MS doesn't go bankrupt with all this money back stuff :D
otherDoc

nicobie said:
$200 off of a 48v/20Ah ping battery. $570 total.

Damn. That's like $0.59 per watt/hr isn't it? That's really, really cheap. Wish I wasn't so broke. :cry:

Does this only work for Ping's or is it just that Ping is what everyone like among the ebay choices?

Works on all buy it now (unless the seller uses third party checkout).

lifer said:
Dang! I waited a day and they dropped the discount to 25% :cry:
If you wanted a 48V battery you still get $192.50 cash back at 25%. At 30% you max out at $200 so not much loss. On the 36v you only lose $30. Still a good deal.

Was down to 0% earlier this week but It's back to 25% tonight. See link below for keywords that bring up 25%:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

well i tried and i get no where with it. 1
just not wokring forme and after that jimmy wu battery i bought . well ! i could do with a bargain that works.

im stuck with a batery that drops out as soon as you throttle it, even under decent assist its that poor! maybe it will run a 10 watt bulb?, maybe!

nicobie said:
:D :D :D :D Happy days! :D :D :D

It just worked for me! $200 off of a 48v/20Ah ping battery. $570 total.

Make sure you have an Windows live acct. and are logged in to it when you do the search. I used "electric scooter battery". When it sends you back to ebay, refine your search to: newly listed as the auction still has 9days+ before it expires.

I must have tried 10 times before it worked. I think it was down for awhile.

Nick

BTW... only 4 - 48V/20Ah left now. :mrgreen:

yea had the live running and registerred. not any joy. im based in UK . perhaps its for americans only.

lol, dont think anyone could beat my offer i got. i bought my 37v 20ah lipo and it was faulty as had a fault on the bms so paypal gave me a refund and i didnt have to send the batery back as he changed his ebayer user id and ignored my request to get the battery sorted.

yes im talkig about jimmy wu.

It only works for the yanks. I read it some where on one if the info pages. Buggerd it I know why they get all the good deals.
Who pays for for it and whats in it for them.Throwing a couple of hundred dollers away each time they honner it I cant see how that works for them.
Anyhow 1/2 your luck if it works I am just crumpy and jellouse i gess lol .

Kurt.

Back