Ping charger question

amjones

1 mW
Hi gang. My Ping battery arrived today! I need to solder wires to the charger connector and I'm a little confused.

In the attached doc from Ping it labels the 3 pins 3-2-1. The view seems to me to be from the side that will face the charger, since it shows the little notch thingy.

However, on the backside of the connector, where I'll be soldering, the connector itself is labeled the opposite. It's also 3-2-1 from left-to-right, but this side is the mirror image of the opposite side.

I don't want to blow up my new battery or charger! Any help?

Alan
Garland, TX

Attachments

• User Guide 24v20ah.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 57
It just occurred to me that I can use my voltmeter to test the charger after plugging it in. That should work, right?

why do you need to solder wires to the connector? did you get the charger and battery from mr ping and the plugs don't mate?

i would recommend you ping mr ping if he sent you a non compatible connector.

amjones said:
It just occurred to me that I can use my voltmeter to test the charger after plugging it in. That should work, right?

That's exactly how I did it.

yup, allways check everything with the voltmeter. I think Ping may leave the plug unattached since many people have preferences for different charger plugs. A lot of the batterys go into scooters and such that have different plugs that the owners want to keep.

dnmun said:
why do you need to solder wires to the connector? did you get the charger and battery from mr ping and the plugs don't mate?

Yes, I ordered the charger/battery from Ping.

The charger has a 3 pin connector, and Ping sends the mate to the connector, but we have to connect the mate to the battery ourselves.

Since I'm going to use Anderson Powerpoles to connect the battery to the bike, I've decided to cut off the 3 pin connector to the charger and replace it with 2 PPs.

BTW, wrt my original question, I figured out the diagram was referring to connector already connected to the charger, NOT it's mate which connects to the battery.

The important thing to note is that you charge thru blue and red, and d/c thru black and red! you could use only 3 andersons,and of course 2 on the charger!
ootherDoc

Back