possible way to increase UK power limit on electric bikes?

monster

100 kW
hi all

check out this site. http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list it is a e-petition to the government. this is the site that Gorden brown mentioned in his argument with Cameron over weather to hold an election or not, so he defiantly reads this site!

we could petition the government to do any or all of the following:
increase the speed limit on e-bikes
increase the power limit on e-bikes
push e-bikes in transport policy as a serious alternative to cars
provide mandatory cycle storage and charging sockets on all trains

they would defiantly pay attention if we all emailed our MP's http://www.writetothem.com/?keyword=mp&creativeid=605235279&gclid=CN2In8-q8I8CFQxKQgodCmZnLg remember government are always looking for ways to be green (or look green) and help elevate congestion in our cities.

what would be on your E-bike wish list?

The politician's mindset less evolved because evolution works the opposite direction in the political arena (survival of the least fit), he won't care about any petition that doesn't boast pecuniary campaign contributions.

That has to be the most obtuse way I've ever heard someone describe taking bribes.

:D

TylerDurden said:
That has to be the most obtuse way I've ever heard someone describe taking bribes.
:D
You're right.

campaign contributions = bribes = exclusionary political quid pro quo adulterating the "one voice one vote" equality of suffrage = corruption

happy now? :D :wink:

We're so spoiled in America... we can legally run 750 watts and get away with a lot more. Have some sympathy for the poor Europeans (and Australians) that are effectively locking themselves out of progress by their 250 watt laws.

I'm pulling for the Europeans!

:arrow: Change it!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres a 250w law????? :shock:

:wink:

D

meh.

:)

D

safe said:
We're so spoiled in America...
I'm pulling for the Europeans!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I say it's high time for a wanton act of symbolic rebellion, by our European brethren, such as filling the English Channel with taxed tea and toxic batteries. :) Just kidding about the batteries....

Lol we're in huge deficit already, i don't think we're budgeted to invade anybody at the moment. America is hated by the world right now.

monster said:
i think you should invade Europe again so we too can get 750watts

Hmmm....just tossing a small cache of british tea into a large body of water seems so much simpler. We did that, and now look -- 750 watts for us*, 200 watts for you. :D So why don't you try that first, and if it doesn't work, then -- the US military having had time to regroup -- we will petition our government to invade and rescue you from your royally oppressive wattage restriction regime.

*Actually, since we are a union of semi-autonomous states, if one of us Americans was really put off by that 750 watt restriction, he could vote with his feet and move to Safe's state of Missouri, where the law allows 3000 watts.

There needs to be a financial incentive for the muckymucks to do anything.

You might propose a tax-revenue channel: any bikes sold from retailers in excess of 200W would be taxed at a very high rate. Politicians would see a way to get some money in the door from power-hungry ebikers with fat wallets.

Of course, this would require a lifting of the power limits on bikes operating on the streets and there also would be no tax on upgrading a weenie-bike at home or at a shop.

8)

how about we give them nothing and ride what we want? :evil:
those fat cat lazy bastardos need a good kick in the arse!!!!!

cheers

D

Back