• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Posting pics from my smartphone?

I don't own a computer right now. I have been on the road almost continuosly lately just to keep in work. But it allows me to ride in some amazing places.
I bought this phone in hopes of being able to post pics from anywhere on the road.
It's a Samsung Intercept through Virgin mobile. It is equiped with android 2.2 and Google with 3.2 Gb of memory if that helps any. I am not very savvy on the new smartphones but if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
I've got great headway build it am working on in. Fl. right now. Hard to share without pics. Tease ...

Crash Machine said:
I don't own a computer right now. I have been on the road almost continuosly lately just to keep in work. But it allows me to ride in some amazing places.
I bought this phone in hopes of being able to post pics from anywhere on the road.
It's a Samsung Intercept through Virgin mobile. It is equiped with android 2.2 and Google with 3.2 Gb of memory if that helps any. I am not very savvy on the new smartphones but if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
I've got great headway build it am working on in. Fl. right now. Hard to share without pics. Tease ...

You can do no problem.

Create a free picsa account. It hosts images, and your phone can effortlessly upload to it. Then take the links to the images you want and put them in the img brackets and poof! Done :)

I do it almost daily.

Also, congrats on getting an Android device. Android = FTMFW.

I've a Htc hero for a while know and I'm really satisfied.
With the xda-developper forum you get all the infos to get extremly interesting mods for your android like OC or bandwich hack or even swype.
The Hero was delivered with the 1.6 Android, I went to 2.1 then 2.2 and today 2.3. All this with my little Hero. Not to mention that all this was LEGAL, it only void the garantie If you send it with a "cooked" rom on it. These possibilities don't exist on BB or Iphone.
Apps are also really cheaper than on the apple store; a lot of them are even free on android and liable to pay costs on Apple O_O .
That's the big advantage that we get from Linux. A bunch of motivated programmers who share their knowledge/work for free (for the roms and maaaaaaaaany apps).
Yeah I know I'm totally one sided but I cannot help it. If I can help someone to not give some money to Steve I'll do it.
And for the positiv point for the iphone, well it does look good, the HD camera of the 4th serie is a real wonder but hey and it's the best device to play angrybird. But you buy a device which is only working good with sucker Itune, you CANNOT mods anything. What? you have payed a bunch and If you want to change something you have to turn into a criminal? Yeah that's the point, when you buy an Iphone you sign a contract that make potentially crimial if you dare change some parts of the OS.
Last point, on an Iphone you cannot add memory or change (normally) the battery. :evil:
Hope it "helps",
Gruß,
H.

Ypedal said:
even a blackberry is an option but i dont really need the business aspect of a BB....

By "business aspect" of a blackberry, do you mean the "it f*cking sucks in every tangible and intangible way and is a pathetic joke product from a dying company" aspect?

+1 for image hosting sites

I do everything from Photobucket, the app for my iphone lets me click on a pic and then paste it in the forum without even hitting the img brackets. the only pain is jumping back and forth between my internet browser and the app.

dodjob said:
it f*cking sucks in every tangible and intangible way and is a pathetic joke product from a dying company
How much is this true ^^

101%.

Thanks a lot guys. Ok I downloaded photobucket app. Free and easy. Copying seems to work ok but I can't figure out how to paste the link. Sorry for the ignorance.Tried posting on the samsung forum but got no answer. Very happy with the phone so far.

Check the link in my sig for tips on pictures.

Regards,

Crash Machine said:
Thanks a lot guys. Ok I downloaded photobucket app. Free and easy. Copying seems to work ok but I can't figure out how to paste the link. Sorry for the ignorance.Tried posting on the samsung forum but got no answer. Very happy with the phone so far.

Touch the screen in the text box you type in, and hold it for 3seconds. A box pops up that says "paste".

Then put the

2011-04-06210814.jpg
2011-04-06210840.jpg

So I am still having some problems typing but I am getting better. It's been a real learning experience but I have found that I can do most things a computer can do. Especially ordering parts for my bike. This will be an invaluable tool on my next cross country run. Heres a pic from my ride to the beach this weekend. 32 miles there and back plus riding around ,70 miles one charge.
So simply put this phone rocks... thanks for all the advice.
2011-04-10134403-1.jpg

Back