Powerful middrive in a carbon frame (abandoned)

I guess it is time for a little update. Not really about the build, but more myself.

It mostly comes down to issues with motivation and time management on my part. I was really in the groove and moving the project forward really quickly until I started college. Balancing school, a job, and this project wasn't really an option - atleast if I still wanted to have some free time.
TL;DR of the last few months, I quit, because it became so time consuming I would've had to stop my job and focus on school as I was failing to do both effectively. And like.. in my field school degrees are close to useless these days outside of large corporations.

I am trying to get back into it, I pretty much have all of the parts I need except for some cables that I can't even track down yet - mostly to connect the batteries to a cheap chinese BMS (which I might not even use because the charger is gonna be external, with its own balancing anyways), and a throttle thingy to my VESC - kinda hard if you can't even find the connector names :D All I need to do now is redesign the 3D printed drivetrain that holds the main parts together, and work on the freewheel as I'm currently running out of the pedal spindle length with the one-way bearing I'm adding.

I'll add the progress I haven't ever posted as I decided to finish the project and then post everything at once as I didn't feel like each part needs its own post.

Fusion360_uOSKtk4dwU.png
IMG_20200422_204345.jpg
IMG_20200422_204511.jpg

No idea when this will be finished, I do have it as one of my highest priority project right after my job :)

Back