Problem speedo kelly controler

gabg60

1 µW
Good evening everyone

my escooter configuration
kelly kls 48v
rear mxus gdr19 engine

my problem:
the speedometer does not work if I do not activate the throttle....
when I monitor with the Kelly software I see the values of the hall sensors move but when I turn the wheel by hand in reverse the speedometer works correctly

I would like to point out that the machine works very well

Icône de validation par la communauté
thx 👍

Attachments

• 1701378890081.png
    1701378890081.png
    612 bytes · Views: 5
A geared hubmotor without a separate speed sensor will only supply a signal from it's hall sensors when the motor itself is spinning. There's a freewheel/clutch inside the casing that keeps the wheel from spinning the motor when rolling forward (but lets the motor spin the wheel that direction).

To get a speed signal all the time you'll have to use an actual speed sensor that isn't a motor position hall. Some geared hubs have a white (or other color) wire that supplies this signal, and is usually either six poles or 1. If yours doesn't have this, you'll have to use an external wheel speed sensor like that used on a bicycle speedometer; you can get them here (and elsewhere):
CA_Speedo
which is a 1-pole sensor.

This only works if your controller has a separate speedometer input available that you can wire those up to, and probably a setting to change to this input from the hall input (and a place to set the number of poles).

I don't know what you intended to show by your attached picture, but it is very very tiny and just shows a blue hexagon.

A geared hubmotor without a separate speed sensor will only supply a signal from it's hall sensors when the motor itself is spinning. There's a freewheel/clutch inside the casing that keeps the wheel from spinning the motor when rolling forward (but lets the motor spin the wheel that direction).

To get a speed signal all the time you'll have to use an actual speed sensor that isn't a motor position hall. Some geared hubs have a white (or other color) wire that supplies this signal, and is usually either six poles or 1. If yours doesn't have this, you'll have to use an external wheel speed sensor like that used on a bicycle speedometer; you can get them here (and elsewhere):
CA_Speedo
which is a 1-pole sensor.

This only works if your controller has a separate speedometer input available that you can wire those up to, and probably a setting to change to this input from the hall input (and a place to set the number of poles).

I don't know what you intended to show by your attached picture, but it is very very tiny and just shows a blue hexagon.
thx amberwolf
but why my speedo work fine when i turn my wheel in reverse

but why my speedo work fine when i turn my wheel in reverse
That's what Amberwolf explained in the above post.
The geared hub has a freewheel system inside of it similar to a standard bicycle.
When you pedal it rotates the rear wheel, when you coast, the pedal freewheels or stays stationary,
and when you push the bike backwards, the pedals hit your legs.

The speed signal is taken from your motor. So when you accelerate it shows speed,
when you push it backwards, it also shows speed, but not when coasting because the motor is freewheeling.
You wouldn't be having this issue with a direct drive hub motor, or if the signal came from the wheel.

I hope I managed to explain it well enough.

So you didn't understand what I said at all.
I was giving you an example of how the hub motor freewheels. If you have ever ridden a normal bicycle (like I said) you would have understood.
I suggest you read these posts more thoroughly.

i don't have pedal
Doesn't matter. Still works the same way, and the problem and solutions are still the same.

If you don't want to or can't implement them, I would recommend purchasing a bicycle speedometer and placing it on your handlebars next to the display as a simple solution to have speed reading all the time.

Back