Programming APT AE96600 controller (update: NOT recommended, unstable program)

I have some success with my own controller, i bricked it when programming, then got a .dat file for updating the software from a friendly ES user. Thanks!!

Tried it and controller magically works again :D There is one downside: now i can't set higher than 2550 rpm on the normal modes, only boost/mode 5 gives full speed. This is so stupid. I am trying to get a new .dat file from QS motor but no support so far.

If any of you have access to an APT96600 settings (.dat) file with unrestricted mode RPM setting then please PM me or upload here!!! :thumb:

What it means is basically that the APT controller restrictions come in the .dat file. This is probably why different controllers are locked in several different ways and this is also why i cannot recommend to buy this controller if the seller does not confirm the functionality. I don't have flux weakening, settings don't do anything no matter what i set. this was one of the basic functions i wanted when i bought it. Now i cannot set speeds freely in the different modes due to restrictions that i cannot change. AARRGGH!

Well. This controller is huge, has low power output for it's size and is difficult to program due to the missing manual and locked settings BUT there is one upside: Where it shines is that it's got good phase current at 600A and the voltage rating is high. If it's used with 30S battery then it will still output 25-30kW :D

I'll have a go at this with the QS 138 70h motor. At 30s voltage i should get enough rpm to downgear by 1:8 and both go 100km/h and do power wheelies when unrestricted.

@stormizer: I checked the files you have and the .dat file is named xxx 96 330 xx. There’s an apt controller named 96330 so it makes sense.

The file i tried to reflash my controller with is called xxx 96 600 xxx.

I wonder if your phase current is limited to 330A? this could explain that the torque is not so high. Just a thought. (I cannot share the .dat file i got, i promised the user i got it from to not spread it..)
You could try to readout the current at full throttle driving and see what you get.

Same here, only boost mode usable. What's the exact size of the fw file you're referring to?

larsb said:
I have some success with my own controller, i bricked it when programming, then got a .dat file for updating the software from a friendly ES user. Thanks!!

Tried it and controller magically works again :D There is one downside: now i can't set higher than 2550 rpm on the normal modes, only boost/mode 5 gives full speed. This is so stupid. I am trying to get a new .dat file from QS motor but no support so far.

If any of you have access to an APT96600 settings (.dat) file with unrestricted mode RPM setting then please PM me or upload here!!! :thumb:

What it means is basically that the APT controller restrictions come in the .dat file. This is probably why different controllers are locked in several different ways and this is also why i cannot recommend to buy this controller if the seller does not confirm the functionality. I don't have flux weakening, settings don't do anything no matter what i set. this was one of the basic functions i wanted when i bought it. Now i cannot set speeds freely in the different modes due to restrictions that i cannot change. AARRGGH!

Well. This controller is huge, has low power output for it's size and is difficult to program due to the missing manual and locked settings BUT there is one upside: Where it shines is that it's got good phase current at 600A and the voltage rating is high. If it's used with 30S battery then it will still output 25-30kW :D

I'll have a go at this with the QS 138 70h motor. At 30s voltage i should get enough rpm to downgear by 1:8 and both go 100km/h and do power wheelies when unrestricted.

Установи на контроллере другое количество полюсов, в два раза больше...Это будет выглядить обман для контроллера..например.контроллер будет думать что двигатель крутиться 1000 оборотов в минуту, а в реальности 2000..Тогда сможешь выставлять удобно ограничение скорости..Надеюсь ты поймешь о чем я

translates to:
Install another number of poles on the controller, twice as many ... It will look like a hoax for the controller .. for example, the controller will think that the engine is spinning 1000 rpm, but in reality 2000 .. Then you can set the speed limit conveniently .. I hope you will understand what I mean

Yep, no problems to understand. :thumb:

I wonder if your phase current is limited to 330A?
Sorry noob here, how do I check/know if its limited to 330A?
FYI... At full throttle, input current is about 200A (measured between batt and controller)
I tried to increase the Mode4 idc .. and the measured current also increase.

Under basic settings: Max Iac pk = 600
Undeer Mode settings: My Mode 4 Speed is also maxed at 2550rpm

Side note/report:
I tried to turn off the backward enable, doesn't feel anything.
Protection: heavy load Iac increased to 100 ... maybe increase in power a bit, but nothing significant.

@stormizer: I checked the files you have and the .dat file is named xxx 96 330 xx. There’s an apt controller named 96330 so it makes sense.
Yeah it got mixed with software for another controller, sorry.

how do I check/know if its limited to 330A?
Not easy to measure but it’s displayed in program as ”Iq actual” in the main screen. Do a readout when driving or try the logging function (i haven’t tried it myself)

larsb said:

Друг,подскажи,ты получил ,,DAT,, для программирования контроллера конкретно для qs motor или yuma motor? можешь ли ты поделиться ,,DAT,,?

For all the russian folks out there: if you want to post in this english speaking forum, please use roman alphabet and english language.

I can assure that it will give more answers to your posts. :D

And no, i cannot share dat file: i already wrote above that i’ve promised the guy i got it from to not share it.

If you are from Russia, I can share the program for APT 96600 settings MOTOR. For some reason, my email does not send messages abroad.

Hey I placed an order on a an apt 96600 for my eeb should I cancel the order I cant find a decent controller anywhere....i have a qs273 40h 3.5t I'm trying to hit 80mph but realistically I'm going to be riding 30-40mph range any suggestions on AVAILABLE and PROGRAMMED controllers for this application

Well thanks for that huge help man I've been looking for a distributor for asi for a while now I really appreciate the tip! :bigthumb:

Legna199111 said:
Well thanks for that huge help man I've been looking for a distributor for asi for a while now I really appreciate the tip! :bigthumb:
Good, I see that you found the right one.
I had to check so you didn't find ERT that everyone warns about doing business with :!:

Has anyone tried to read and decode serial from APT ?
I am trying to get Arduino to read the serial stream, decode and select some of its data, and then display it on LCD or something.
111.jpeg

Surely it will be nice if we can show important numbers in an LCD instead of lugging around laptop on our dashboard.
222.jpeg

larsb said:
thanks, that's one more link.. i'm sure there is some logic to the menus, i just don't see it yet 8)

there are 14 steps for the current setting both in "protection" and "flux weakening" menu. I guess they are settings to 14 rpm steps from zero to max rpm set for the mode that is used. Since my motor is IPM it's tolerant to flux weakening so i'll try to set the steps with higher flux weakening than 50-80A. I guess this setting is for hub motor?

i wonder why 7 should be larger than 6 (apart that more flux weakening is needed at higher speed)?
why no current settings done higher than step 7 in the guide?
what does the "mode" setting do?
What do you think about my guess?

How can I activate Mode 5 on the 72400 controller? Recently I got the latest firmware from a Chinese seller

larsb said:
Please press delete on each spam, has to be corrected to reduce the clutter.

My controller is in mode 5, not 4 so that's a question.
evdrive1.PNG

I wonder if the setting on the flux weaken screen for startup speed min/low/high is rpm or something else.
What's there by default is really high to be rpm..
evdrive9.PNG

I am in contact with advpower now so i'll get some answers on the functions. They say that an english manual is being written but not ready. i'll believe it when i see it :D

How did you activate Mode 5? 72400 has no boost wiring

Also, Chinese sellers used the Chinese version program to get a speed of about 130kph after activating Mode 5.

Does anyone know how the serial-cable GX16-10 to RS232 is connected? Cant find any cables to buy without buying a complete controller package..... If someone wants to check how the cable is wired and tell me so that I can build one I would be very happy.

Little off topic here but thought I'd ask this question on here seeings it pertains to the APT controller. I have the APT AE72600 on 4 streetbikes I've purchased. I've been having a hard time downloading the program for these and cannot get any answers on what I may be doing wrong. The bikes run great with these. Nice smooth quick power but my problem is I would like to be able to make my own adjustments. The regenerative braking function on these is not set up. Top speed is about 75mph.

I have decided to purchase a few Kelly controllers to see the difference and be able to make any necessary adjustments. The Kls72701 which is a 700 amp and also the 600 amp of the same version. Problem is that on the APT controller the boost, eco, reverse mode etc. Are all switched on a ground while the Kelly is switched by 12v. I will confidently admit I am a newbie at this lol but I'm not sure how to rewire these so I can get these controllers up and running. I moved some pins around on the connectors so they all line up on the rest but not sure how to do the transition from ground switching to 12v switching. Paid $700 and 800 for each of these controllers and would hate to mess something up. Any thoughts? Also does anyone know what the pulse wire connects into? Kelly controller does not have that. Thanks in advance

Back