Programming the Bafang Ultra 1000W

Thanks Letterman

In the torque tab I only tested the Spd assignement (see post above) so far.
During riding it feels like some gradient is made between the startKg and Fullkg values. whether it is linear will be quite difficult to verify but makes most sense...
I did not test the ReturnKg yet. But the programm gives an error warning saying something like returnKG can not be 0, don't remember exactly...
As soon as I have time I'll continue testing
Cheers

any news here, i would also like to know some things about the Bafang Ultra. for example mine cuts power down to 600watt when battery is under 43V but in the setup (i have 48V battery and eggrider display to change settings on the fly) even if i set cutoff to 39V.

also the torque sensor is not responding at all after power reduction, only thumb throttle. after charging all is normal again

any ideas?

Thanks Marius

matschi140 said:
any news here, i would also like to know some things about the Bafang Ultra. for example mine cuts power down to 600watt when battery is under 43V but in the setup (i have 48V battery and eggrider display to change settings on the fly) even if i set cutoff to 39V.

also the torque sensor is not responding at all after power reduction, only thumb throttle. after charging all is normal again

any ideas?

Thanks Marius

Some useful data on bafang ultra programming
I been testing various settings, looking for improved tune as well. Above link is one of the best settings I came across, good starting point. They also explain functions, which is useful :thumb:

joq3 said:
I think it is time to create a thread dedicated for programming the Bafang Ultra 1000W.
For reference, this is the default settings my new e-bike arrived with:
https://imgur.com/a/g9q2X4J
If this is standard for all Ultra's, I don't know, but it is a good reference point.

I will start off with a question:
If you have a 48V 21Ah battery, should you change the Low Battery protect setting? Or is 41V the correct value for this type of battery?
The reason I am asking is that this guide https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/ explains it like this:
"If you are running a 48v nominal pack you’ll want to set this a lot lower (like 38v) to keep the drive from shutting off when the pack still has a little juice in it."
How do I know if that is the type of battery I have?

The idea is to start asking and answering questions in this thread.

If I may, I'd like to return to this low voltage cutoff (LVC) setting for a minute. First, running the pack down below 41v or so is considered by most to be hard on the pack with regards to how many charges you get out of it/how long it lasts you. Many/most will use 41-42v for that reason. Second, if stuff gets away from you and you do end up getting shut down, you can generally do a reset if necessary, wait a couple of minutes, the go to PAS 1 and baby it home (as long as home isn't too far) using as little power as you can. If you try using any more than just a minimum, it's going to kick out on you AGAIN!

I'm riding a wattwagons commuter with a Bafang Ultra. When I'm feeling lazy and have the assist high and am putting little leg power into the system it is surgery. It's like with every pedal stroke it feels my input and gives a little power then at the bottom of my stroke where I put less in the motor power drops off until my next pedal stroke. Is there a power off dead band that can be set so the power doesn't drop off so quick?

I also think the eco/sport is stupid. If I'm in eco 5 and want a little more and bump it into sport it goes into sport 5. I think a straight 0-9 would be far more useable.

But gotta say, I love this thing in traffic. The light goes green and I'm gone.

Back