Programming the TSDZ2 860c Display w/o OSF

My wife and I are a newbies to motorized trikes. We have 2 Catrike Trail's that I successfully installed TSDZ2's on, which came with 860c's. Everything seems to work fine. The only thing so far that I am totally confused with is the Advanced Settings: Assist Levels, and exactly how do the Assist Levels work, and what do they do? The only thing I can choose are 3, 5 and UBE, with no values for these choices. I would have thought that maybe there is a maximum speed for each of the 5 Assist Levels, maybe each level increasing, but there seems to be no way to enter a speed limit or anything else. I know that OSF can be used to customize many settings, but since I am just starting out, I want to program the system without it for the present time, just using the menu on the display and get used to it as is so to speak. Then I will switch over to OSF and I'm sure I'll appreciate how much more I will be able to do using it.
So, for the present time, can anyone tell me in this present situation, all about the use of the Assist Levels? What is their purpose since they give you up to 5 levels for the TSDZ2? As it is now, it just seems that they do more or less, nothing. Maybe it has to do with shifting to a proper gear for a specific Assist Level or speed or incline of a hill. Do I try to program in "something", or do nothing, or what? I'm just trying to learn and use it the way it was meant to be used, whatever that is. Thank you in advance for any and all help that may be sent my way.

There should be a noticeable change between 1 and 5. 1 is eco mode, 2 is touring and the other are more demanding on the battery and resulting is less work. From my understanding the motor design is built in a way that encourages you to work to varying degrees. Not sure if that helps but thats my experience :)

Back